News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Enclosed Car Carrier Company Recomendation

Started by south280, November 15, 2016, 07:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

south280

Hi All...I am looking for a transport company to move my car from NJ to FL.  Must be enclosed...so many companies to choose from   any recommendations...looking for quality over price  Thanks 
1976 Cadillac Eldorado Bicentennial Edition
1930 Model A Ford Station Wagon
1968 Mercedes 280 sl

Chuck Patton

Hello David

We use Reliable Carriers.  They are dependable and punctual while treating our vehicles with care.  Call Damon 734-740-5478
Appraiser-Broker-Consultant
Past CLC National Board Director
Past CLCMRC Director
Past CLC Motor City Region President
CLC 1959-60 Cadillac Chapter Director
CLC Life Member #23147

harry s

You might try Horseless Carriage. They are in Paterson and do a lot of the snow birds each season.     Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

David Greenburg

I'm using Plycar to move my most recent acquisition.  I originally tried to use Thomas Sunday, but they had trouble arranging for a truck with room for such a big car without waiting a couple of more weeks. They, like Reliable, Horseless Carriage, Intercity Lines and Passport have very good reputations and routinely handle cars that are a lot more valuable than most of our Cadillacs.  I suggest getting quotes from several.  Price may vary depending on where their trucks are and the route, but in my case, Sunday, Plycar and Passport were substantially cheaper than the others.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Jeff Wilk

"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Horseless Carriage - one of the best in the business.

http://www.horselesscarriage.com/

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Jeff Wilk

All drivers make mistakes at some point but.....I would have agreed years ago about this until one of their drivers pulling a carrier hit my Son and I at Hershey 4 years ago by going way too fast to beat a red light and cut a turn too short and PUSHED our Suburban up onto the curb!!!!  Kinda left a bad feeling with me.......
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

Rich S

I also recommend Horseless Carriage, as I have used them for at least four round trips from Pennsylvania to South Florida and they have done an excellent job each time. Good luck!
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe