News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Catalytic Converter

Started by Chasmann, November 15, 2016, 06:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chasmann

Does anyone know where to purchase a catalytic converter for an 85 Biarritz in the NY area.Also .has a leak by the sunroof and he asked if i could find a supplier for the gasket for the sunroof.I'm inquiring for a friend.I know i always see post for that car so i figured i possibly could help him out.Thanks Charlie M.
1949 SERIES62 4DR SEDAN                                      1936 SERIES 60 4DR TOURING SEDAN

Scot Minesinger

Did you try Rockauto?, just purchased a cat. convt. for an 85 Buick with Olds 307 engine and it was very affordable.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Chasmann

Thanks Scot ill pass on the info .Charlie M.
1949 SERIES62 4DR SEDAN                                      1936 SERIES 60 4DR TOURING SEDAN

T J Lankes

Magaflow 23447 is a direct fit replacement cat for the '85 Eldo 4.1L.  It can be ordered online from Advance Auto Parts for $123. and there's usually a 10% discount for online orders plus free shipping for orders of $75 or more.

Best of luck

Chasmann

TJ Hopland

Its also amazing the difference in sound the cats can make.   I had one car I was having issues with it and was too lazy to order a new cat so I just welded in a pipe.   Just that change made it sound like one of the 'import racer' cars with the little trash can mufflers.   Drove me nuts so I ordered a cat to get it back to stock sound.   One annoying thing for that car the factory cat included a few feet of pipe.   The direct fit replacement was a universal cat with the custom pipes that clamped on but it didn't quite fit right and was missing one of the welded hangar brackets.   I make it work but it wasn't what I would have called direct fit.   Reading reviews that seems to be a pretty common issue for many applications.

Another thing I discovered about exhaust in general is band clamps are way better at holding pipes than the typical U bolt types.   Other nice thing about band clamps is you can easily take them apart since they don't crush the pipes like the u bolts do.    All auto parts stores seems to stock them.   You don't need the version that has the step in it, the flat ones will stretch to fit a typical slip joint as well as work with a butt splice.  I also found out they are great for quick patches.   They will even work on very slight bends or blobs of weld.   I will never use a u bolt again except for mounting brackets
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason