News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1941 Series 62 Coupe - Dome light question

Started by Chris Bamford, November 15, 2016, 09:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Bamford

I'm helping a friend get his long-term '41 Series 62 Coupe project completed and on the road next year.

The car has been somewhat apart for years, and some of the disassembly was done by the previous owner. It's a bit of a jigsaw puzzle at times, and I'll be posting photos from time to time of mystery bits in hopes of finding out where they belong.

Tonight it's just the dome light switch. Photo shows the one switch we have, and one large and two mounting holes at the top of the driver's door opening.

I assume this is where the dome light switch is mounted â€" is this correct?

Supplemental questions: There is a matching hole on the other side, top rear of the passenger door opening â€" is this for a second switch, if so was it optional or standard, and if it is required, does anyone here have an extra switch and bezel they are willing to part with?

Thank you.

Steve Passmore

I think that's for the right hand drive versions Chris.  Non of mine has ever had two switches.  You would have to alter your wiring loom if you wanted to fit another there but should you want to 'Bobs Automobilia' has them.

http://bobsautomobilia.com/?subcats=Y&pcode_from_q=Y&pshort=Y&pfull=Y&pname=Y&pkeywords=Y&search_performed=Y&q=dome+light+switch&dispatch=products.search

Steve

Present
1937 60 convertible coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan
1938 60 coupe
1938 50 coupe
1939 60S
1940 62 coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe x2
1941 61 coupe
1941 61 sedan x2
1941 62 sedan x2
1947 62 sedan
1959 62 coupe

TMoore - NTCLC

Agree with Steve - most of these cars only had the one switch on the driver's side (I am more familiar with sedans, but the same holds true for coupes).  No need to buy the additional switch.

Chris Bamford

Thanks Steve and TM, appreciate the confirmation. And also the Bob's link â€" looks like there will be some crossover for 1941 Cadillac bits!

Tlentz

I thought the same thing but I have found several originals with only one.  Also the YnZ wiring diagram only shows the one.
Cheers,
Todd Lentz
1941 Cadillac 6319D
1964 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1950 Chevy Styline Special
5 Crazy Kids