News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1968 Horn Placement Help - where do they go?

Started by Bob Steur, November 20, 2016, 01:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Steur

1968 Calais/DeVille/Fleetwood owners, I need your help please if you have a car with the optional 3rd trumpet horn. I took my car apart to install a new radiator cradle and cant remember now where the horns went... I know two are on the drivers side because there are two wires together and the third is on the pass side.

Please take a picture of your car showing where the the horns are bolted to the rad cradle? Thank you!!!

chrisntam

Hey Bob, I don't have a '68, I have a '70.  On mine, the trumpet horn is on the passenger side, the shell type horns are on the drivers side.

Is it possible to look under the radiator brace for tell-tale signs of where they were mounted?  An imprint of the bracket underneath?  You may have to get a hand held mirror and a light, unless you can see under the brace.....

Hope this helps!

chris.

Maybe someone w/ a '68 will post a pic.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Highwayman68

I will have pictures of mine for you on Tuesday afternoon.
1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981

chrisntam

Here's a link to some pics of a '68 being restored, go to the 2nd page, last post, has some pics there.

http://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=141963.20
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Julien Abrahams

On my '67 the arrangement is the same as the picture of the '68 without the front bumper. One shell type on the pass. side while the trumpet and the other shell are on the drivers side.
1954 Cadillac series 62
1967 Cadillac Sedan De Ville HT
1969 Austin Healey Sprite
1979 Opel Kadett

Scot Minesinger

There is a 5,000 mile 1968 Cadillac on e-bay for sale, and it also shows the horn placement.

I use e-bay adds all the time to see what is and is not correct, even routing of under hood wiring.  There is almost always a pristine example to view.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

DeVille68

Hi

The "third" horn is in the middle. See the two pictures attached.
The second one is from the shop manual - the grill is not shown.

I guess the position of your "third" horn is correct.

Best regards,
Nicolas
1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible (silver pine green)

Bob Steur

This is great, I will try them out in the position shown! Thanks to all who replied.

chrisntam

Scot got my curiosity up, I looked at the one he referenced on eBay.  NICE!

Here are the engine bay pics...
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas