News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Seat Back Alignement '66 DV Convertible

Started by John McDaniel #30295, November 21, 2016, 12:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John McDaniel #30295

Good evening,

I recently acquired my 1966 Convertible.  The outer edges of the seat back rub against the armrests on the doors.  It appears as thought hte seat backs are out of alignment or have been stressed at the point that the break when leaned forward for access to the rear seating area.  Is there an adjustment to remedy this problem, or am I going to have to source new seats?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

John McDaniel
CLC # 30295
Looking to learn as much as I can to improve the collectibility of these fine automobiles!

1966 Triple Black Convertible

Former collectibles:
1959 Series 62 Converible
1959 Series 62 Six Window Sedan
1965 GTO Convertible
1957 Thunderbird

Scot Minesinger

Unlikely that if your seats are correct for the car and installed right that this could possibly happen.  Buy the 1966 Cadillac shop manual and the 1966 Body by Fisher manual.  These are available on e-bay and other sources for low cost, say $40 each or less, and will be THE BEST investment in your Cadillac you make.  The body manual should elaborate on seat installation.

Post a picture, top down from back showing both seats.  Then maybe a detail shot close of where the problem occurs.  I think we can guide you a lot better that way.  If the seats are correct, you are looking at a re-install.  Hesitate to call it an adjustment, because there is non.  There is no way I can think of seats would fail to the point of suffering this rub on armrest problem where you would have to source replacements.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

John McDaniel #30295

Thank you so much sir.  I will tAKE A NUMBER oF PHOTOS TOMORROW AND HOPEFULLY WILL BE ABLE TO INSERT THEM FOR YOU TO VIEW.

Oops, sorry for the al caps.
Looking to learn as much as I can to improve the collectibility of these fine automobiles!

Former collectibles:
1965 GTO Convertible
1957 Thunderbird

John McDaniel #30295

OK, I have never posted a photo to this site, so bare with me.  I will probably have a number of unsuccesful attempts before actually getting the pictures posted.

This photo is one looking down from the top and shows the outer edge of the lower (butt) area where it touches the door.

Former collectibles:
1965 GTO Convertible
1957 Thunderbird

John McDaniel #30295

This photo is the most telling in my opinion and provides what I have attempted to describe.

Former collectibles:
1965 GTO Convertible
1957 Thunderbird

John McDaniel #30295

Here is another similar shot from a higher elevation.

Former collectibles:
1965 GTO Convertible
1957 Thunderbird