News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

The "MUST HAVE" Non Cadillac Option For a Hot Aussie Summer.

Started by Jeepers Creepers, November 29, 2016, 02:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

Yeah, I know it not suppose to be there, but what the hell... gotta keep the drinks cool.
I reckon it looks OK in the back of the 64 Fleetwood. (I must clean the carpets though.)

Just need to make a strap set up to stop it moving and still look good.

Kevin and Astrid Campbell
Australia

cadillacmike68

It would look much better in the back of my 68 DeVille Convertible.  ;)
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

jwjohnson86

I love it!  Now you need some Cadillac drinkware to match.. like the custom shot glasses in the 57 Biarritz.  No worrying about running out of trunk space either with our cars, that's for sure.
1970 DeVille Convertible 472 cid

http://bit.ly/1NhHpdt

chrisntam

I was thinking you were speaking of power windows, but that was standard on all Cadillacs, then I thought a/c, that was ordered on most Cadillacs.  I was stumped, then I looked at the pics.

Very nice!

8) 8)

By the way, do Aussies have rules against drinking alcohol and driving?  Not drunk driving, but more like an open container law?  We here in Texas used to be able to have an open container in the car (but not be under the influence).  I used to have a beer on the way home from work back in the '90s, but no more, the laws here changed.  Had a big olds vert, I looked forward to the top down and a cool adult beverage on the way home. 
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

The Tassie Devil(le)

Here in Australia, it is an offence to consume any liquid whilst driving a vehicle.

And that also includes consuming Food whilst driving.

Also, nobody inside a vehicle can consume Alcoholic beverages whilst inside a vehicle, which includes Passengers.   The Driver can be fined for allowing Alcohol to be consumed by passengers.

Police take a blind eye to drivers eating an Icecream, or eating lollies, but are very hard on drivers using Mobile Phones whilst driving, or even at Stop Lights.   To be legal, the engine has to be off, and the vehicle correctly parked on the side of the road to use a Mobile Phone.

The only exception is Hands-free Mobiles.   Oh, and Two-way Radios.

Bruce. >:D

PS.   The real trouble with combining drinking and driving is that there is too much of a chance for one to spill their beer whilst holding onto the steering wheel, and going around corners.   As the hand holding the beer, goes over the top of the arc, too much can spill out, making a real mess.  ;) ;)
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Jay Friedman

1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

Jeepers Creepers

Well, we now have air conditioning again.
(Shipping the car into Oz saw the Air Con de-gassed and the receiver dryer removed and discarded)
Bit of a shame really, it already had R134 gas in it.

Anyway, even without Air Con last week-end, the wife and I gave the Fleetwood a run to a "Cars and Coffee" get together last Sunday.
Drove lovely, but a bit hot, being a 35C degree (95F) day, so it was windows down, quarter vents open.

But, at 4pm today, we have nice cool air coming out the vent...yeehaa.

We also stumbled across a 69 Deville last Sunday too, when we stopped for a bit to eat.

Couple of photos from last week-end.

All nice and clean and ready to go. Well, as clean as I can get 52 year old paint to be.
She's not perfect by a long shot, but very original and still sporting about 80% of her 1964 paint.

The wife loves the car too.

Australia

jwjohnson86

Great pictures!  One of the things I like best about the Club and the online forum is meeting people and seeing their Cadillacs all over the world.  Happy motoring!
1970 DeVille Convertible 472 cid

http://bit.ly/1NhHpdt

russ austin

Love that 64 Fleetwood 60. Glad your enjoying it after the long wait from customs.

Seems I'm always scrambling to get pictures of 64's for the yearly 63/64 calendar. Be sure to take some pictures as you go, so you can get your car into the next calendar.
R.Austin

Jeepers Creepers

Hey Russ, we'll make sure you get a shot or two for the 2018 calendar.

I decided to give the Caddy its Xmas present early, so new plugs, points, condenser etc etc.
The timing was on 4*, so bumped that up to 10*, lubed the weights in the dizzy and went for a blurt.

If this big ol girl hasn't picked another 30HP, I'll eat my hat.

Next job:

The remote boot release doesn't work and annoys me.
I also hate anything with any form of electricity, 12 volts or 240 running through it, to it or around it.

So, covered the seats so I won't get 'em dirty, tools and test light in hand, I plonked my bum in the seat and set to fix the boot release.
Spin the chrome nut off, remove the push button to find a vacuum line hooked up to it on one side, but not the other. 
I looked in with my best magnifying glasses, grabbed the rogue runaway vacuum line and plugged it in.

Push button and ker-ching.... boot opens from inside.
I did know that Cadillac ran a lot of stuff on vacuum, but I must say, I didn't expect that to run off it.
Very happy now.

Finished for the day with a nice soapy bath (the car, not me) and we're ready to go to the "Wide Bay Rodders Xmas Toy Run" tomorrow.

Meeting at the Brolga Theate in Maryborough at 7am, BBQ breakfast and coffee, leaving at 9.30am and heading to Hervey Bay cruising down the Esplanade and ending up at Bay Central Tavern around 10.30am. Anyone can join in along the way.

Gold coin donation and everyone goes into the draw to win a prize.
Raffles and prizes on the day.
Show n shine for cars and bikes.
All proceeds going to the Hervey Bay Neonatal Special Care Nursery.
Toys donated go to the Children's Ward

Cheers, Kev
Australia

bcroe

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le)
To be legal, the engine has to be off, and the vehicle correctly parked on the
side of the road to use a Mobile Phone.
The only exception is Hands-free Mobiles.   Oh, and Two-way Radios.

Bruce. 

Of course 2 way (simplex) radios have been extremely common since the war.
Besides the public and commercial services, there are the radio amateur HAMs
and then CBers.  None of these radio services were ever found to cause a big
safety hazard.  There were some radio telephone (duplex) units, but far too few
for anybody to notice. 

Suddenly with cell service, EVERYONE having a phone glued to their ear, we have
a big safety issue.  The first poorly researched legislation tended to ban all of the
above, of course the cops won't notice the police/fire/ambulance etc users.  So
we HAMs have had to work pretty hard to get laws to recognize the DIFFERENCE 
between simplex and duplex services, to continue mobile operation.  Still going
on, state level.  Bruce Roe

The Tassie Devil(le)

The biggest problem with using a mobile phone when driving is that the speaker of the phone is held directly to the ear, and this causes the brain to concentrate on this most of all.

With the hand-held device, and the Two-ways, the speaker is the same as a normal radio, and is broadcasting a distance from the head, and therefore the brain doesn't have to be as "focused".

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon