News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1972 black fleetwood limo...lo miles..info sought

Started by Panoply, December 05, 2016, 03:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panoply

Hi Caddy Enthusiasts,

I am looking at another limo to partner with my 1960.
This black 41k miles car, blue interior, was purportedly owned by the president of the Cadillac Lasalle Club or Organization.  Past or present...I don't know.

VIN ends...203935.

Does anyone have info on this car?  I'm trying mostly to determine its authenticity as all original, and lo miles.  But any history would be appreciated.

Many thanks to all,

Panoply

Rich S

Wow! What a beautiful limousine! Sorry I don't know the historical information you seek, but it makes me wonder why Cadillac doesn't still make a "factory" limousine model? It would certainly add prestige to the brand! That car is simply gorgeous!
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

Scot Minesinger

Rich,

Good point, I guess lack of demand.  You see SUV limos now, which are larger inside than a sedan would be, but not better riding (still a truck chassis).  I have to hire a limo this Christmas season and will insist on a Lincoln, or car not an SUV.

Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Big Apple Caddy

Quote from: Rich S on December 05, 2016, 10:44:39 PMSorry I don't know the historical information you seek, but it makes me wonder why Cadillac doesn't still make a "factory" limousine model? It would certainly add prestige to the brand! That car is simply gorgeous!

Today's limousines tend to be more customized and a lot longer stretches than those from decades ago.  It probably makes more sense for Cadillac to only "outsource."  Cadillac does currently offer the XTS in extended wb (XTS-L) form and as stretch limousines via authorized "Cadillac Master Coachbuilders."  These are available for sale through the authorized coachbuilders and select Cadillac dealerships.

Panoply

Yes, that's true.  Truth is both of these limos are truly comfortable for two on the rear bench.  Threes ok, but not very regal.  And the jump seats are tight.
Though I took my daughter and five of her friends to the prom in the 1960.
They didn't mind it much at all.😀

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

The short answer is that building an in-house limousine was no longer profitable as limousine buyers increasingly turned toward super stretch cars built by outside coachbuilders. There was a price advantage as well - albeit at the expense of quality.   
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute