News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

ebay 38 V16

Started by JeffBp, December 06, 2016, 11:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffBp

Does anyone know anything about the 38 V16 on ebay at the moment. Looks a nice car, but unable to get any response from the seller. And new ebayer with no record!
Rings alarm bells.
Says it is in Morris Plains, New Jersey.
Welcome any info.
Jeff Bidstrup CLC#21668

Bobby B

Jeff,
Hi. I live 10 minutes from there if you need someone to take a look......
                                                                           Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

chrisntam

1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

JeffBp

Thanks Bobby,
Unfortunately I cannot get the seller to respond to even determine where the car is or if it can be inspected. I appreciate the offer and would take you up on it if I could find out where to go.
Probably just someone not monitoring emails, but too much money for me to spend without some idea the car is as described and does really exist.
Jeff
Jeff Bidstrup CLC#21668

Carl Fielding

Hi , Jeff. Spectacular car ! Even the door handles are perfectly straight ! If you have hit a wall , perhaps initiating communication through Questions and Answers at the bottom of the eBay listing would bear fruit. Good luck , Jeff. If this Cad is not yet in CLC , (hmmmm........ - check the directory FWIW) , it sure should be.  -  Carl

JeffBp

Thanks for the help,
the car on ebay is a con job. The real car is advertised at in Hemmings :
http://vintagemotorssarasota.com/listing/1938-cadillac-v-16-imperial-sedan-w-division-series-9033/
The ebayer has now contacted me, divorcee, needs to sell, doesn't live there, etc, etc. make an offer and we will seal the deal!!
Beware
Jeff Bidstrup CLC#21668

Bobby B

Jeff,
Hi. Did you see the 1930 V16 Town Car in the "For Sale" section of the Forum?
                                                                                                             Bobby

http://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=130734.0
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

robert G. smits

Bobby, I talked to the owner.  The car has approximately 100K miles on it and is unrestored.  The motor is so weak he can no longer drive it on tours.  His mechanic has told him he needs a complete rebuild and he does not wish to spend the 15-20K it will take.  At 100K I can only assume that the entire drive train needs a rebuild.  Decent price if you can provide the labor yourself and don't care if you end up under water.  If I were younger I would go for it.  Bob Smits #2426
R. Smits, #2426
23 Cad 7P Touring
32 Cad 5P Coupe
38 Cad 90 Series
41 Cad 63 Series
58 Cad Eldo Barritz
The average man can take care of one Woman and two Cadillacs, Al Edmond AACA Past President

robert G. smits

Also check Steves's reply on the 38 60 special posted yesterday re interior problems with the 38's
R. Smits, #2426
23 Cad 7P Touring
32 Cad 5P Coupe
38 Cad 90 Series
41 Cad 63 Series
58 Cad Eldo Barritz
The average man can take care of one Woman and two Cadillacs, Al Edmond AACA Past President