News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1991 Cadillac Brougham: Where can I buy new/replacement brake lines?

Started by AC48, December 20, 2016, 02:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AC48

My 1991 brougham brake lines have rusted out and need replacing. I am looking online of a shop that sells the lines, but have not had any luck.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
AC48

TMoore - NTCLC

Try contacting the vendors - even though your year may not be listed on the websites, they may actually have the lines available, or they may be willing to use your existing lines as a template (sometimes at a discount) - reach out to some of them and see what they say.

cadman56

Once you get the new lines there is a special way the brakes have to be bled because of the anti-skid system, according to my mechanic from a Cadillac dealership.  Good luck.
1956 Cadillac Coupe deVille (sold)
1956 Cadillac Convertible (sold)
1956 Cadillac Eldorado Seville (sold)
1967 Cadillac Eldorado (sold)
1968 Cadillac Convertible (Sold)
1991 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham dElegance
Larry Blanchard CLC #5820

David King (kz78hy)

Inline Tube is great for this kind of stuff.  Their listing does not go to '91, just '90, so I'm not sure of the difference.  If you extract your old ones, they will use it as pattern and make a new set, the be able to offer them again since the have part print info from yours.  I supplied the 97-01 Aurora front brake line set.

http://www.inlinetube.com/_p/prd14/3225585561/product/84-90-brough.-pwrdisc-brake-lines-121.5%22wb-cab8801

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter