News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Roadtrip!

Started by john henderson, December 25, 2016, 03:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john henderson

Hi all,merry x-mas! I'm taking my 65 to Tampa next week (from Cleveland!)and hope you all will pull for me! Happy New Year!
65 coupe 76 coupe

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Cool John !!

Interstates or back roads thru alot of small towns?

Mike  #15848
Mike
Baillargeon

john henderson

Look to blast down on hi-way, work my way back "leisurely"
65 coupe 76 coupe

chrisntam

Lucky!!

Keep us posted on your progress, we'll need an update each evening.....

What "supplies" are you taking?

8)

chris.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

76eldo

Have s safe trip.  Sounds great!

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Scot Minesinger

Lucky!, I agree.  Send a picture of your 1965 Caddy.  Hope to be able to make trips like that in the near future.  I used to live in Cleveland area, and after Christmas is a perfect time to leave.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Highwayman68

I'm in Clearwater which is near Tampa. The local CLC meeting in the second Tuesday of the month if you are interested in meeting other Cadillac owners in the area.
1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981

James Landi

Careful with FLorida drivers... interstates can be a challenge -- some of us who live in FLorida might provide some advice regarding traffic loads, highways, and times to avoid.  As they used to say, "Happy MOTORING!"    James

john henderson

Just packing some spare parts and fluids,tools,and my floor jack.The car has 32,000 miles and I've gone thru all the mechanics and it performs flawlessly.Amazing car in that it sat in a shed of a garage in Cleveland ignored for 30 years! Won't be there for your meeting Highwayman,can't find u in the directory-email me a number and I'll try to touch base when I'm there!
65 coupe 76 coupe

Tpicks55

Happy motoring sounds like fun, I'm in North Canton we should get together some time and swap stories.  Have fun.
75 Eldorado Convertible
94 Deville Concurs
2019 Lincoln Continental
2016 Cadillac XTS

john henderson

no problems to Tampa-1200 miles in two days.going back to cle this wknd will post some pics and update you on the return run!
65 coupe 76 coupe

chrisntam

Great to hear!  Looking forward to pics of you and the car along the way.

8)
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Highwayman68

Quote from: john henderson on December 26, 2016, 10:40:16 AM
Won't be there for your meeting Highwayman,can't find u in the directory-email me a number and I'll try to touch base when I'm there!

I sent you a PM with my contact information in it
My Number is 412-523-5472
Mark

I am going to Kissimmee on Thursday night to attend the Mecum Auction on Friday and return to Clearwater Saturday morning.

john henderson

Thanks Mark,wish I could of caught up with you,but the weather forecast dictated my schedule! I left Tampa Thursday morning and drove all day to southern Kentucky..A winter storm was coming in there so we waited that out overnight and left for Cleveland Friday morning.Left at 8:30,roads were clear and dry,got to my house at 4:30,just as some snow squalls were gearing up here next to Lake Erie.   Great trip,the car ran beautifully.Only issue I had was my left front brake adjuster tightened up my brakes and I had to pull the wheel and back them off.I checked both sides and serviced the bearings while I was there.Maintenance  is enjoyable under a palm tree in 82 degree sunshine!(14 degrees when I got home)The warnings about cautious driving are well noted,these cars aren't ,or weren't designed for the quick lane changes and erratic driving by so many people on the road.My best defense was my ability to quickly accelerate and stay in space.Having to stop quickly was my biggest concern,especially with my brake issue and the car loaded down for the trip.Ultimately,a great trip to see great friends,I took my 76 on the same trip to see them married on the beach 15 years ago!Thanks to all of you who pulled for me and I hope my trip inspires you to do the same!I have other cars and trucks I've built and my motto has always been Drive Em!
65 coupe 76 coupe

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

John,
What's all that white stuff? Seriously these cars were made for road trips.  Back in '65 a lot of folks actually went back to Detroit to pick up their cars and drove them home without even thinking it was a big deal.
Greg Surfas (in So. Texas where it is now 21 degrees and sunny)
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

chrisntam

1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Highwayman68

Hey John totally understandable. Maybe we can meet up this summer as my 68 is in Pittsburgh where we spend the summer. Have way to Cleveland would be a nice drive.