News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Source for resonator besides THAT guy?

Started by CadillacMac, December 30, 2016, 04:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CadillacMac

Bought a resonator with an exhaust system a year and a half ago from the source that advertises in the Self Starter.  Now a baffle has come loose inside the resonator and it sounds terrible. But before he'll replace it, he wants me to take it out, box it up and send it back.  (He said, "It's been nearly two years," so I guess his stuff isn't expected to last that long.  Goodness. )

With oversized shipping for a four foot+ pipe, that will cost at least half what I paid for the thing.  Not to mention down time while I ship one out and wait for the other one to come back in. 

Can anyone tell me another source for a resonator, or is this standard practice because he's the only game in town?  I already had to modify his system because the pipe was going to hit the driveshaft the way it was set up. 
“Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine. Ain't nowhere else in the world where you can go from driving a truck to a Cadillac overnight.”
― Elvis Presley

P W Allen CLC# 20193

Is "THAT guy" the one out of Florida? If so, I've had my own problems with him.
Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine

I bought a complete system including resonator last year from http://classicexhaustinc.com/. Was fitting very well and so far does it work. Can off course not say how it will behave in the future.

I guess if you walk into your closest muffler shop you should be able to get a resonator that fits. At least ask them.

Lars Kneller 8246

I use Waldron in Michigan.  I've been very pleased with several cars- 72 Eldorado, 41 61 coupe, 69 Tbird, 63 Continental.

CadillacMac

Quote from: P W Allen CLC# 20193 on December 30, 2016, 06:43:01 AM
Is "THAT guy" the one out of Florida? If so, I've had my own problems with him.

No sir, believe it's Ohio...
“Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine. Ain't nowhere else in the world where you can go from driving a truck to a Cadillac overnight.”
― Elvis Presley

CadillacMac

Quote from: Lars Kneller 8246 on December 30, 2016, 07:41:59 AM
I use Waldron in Michigan.  I've been very pleased with several cars- 72 Eldorado, 41 61 coupe, 69 Tbird, 63 Continental.

Thank you!  I'll try em out!
― Elvis Presley

Bobby B

Quote from: Lars Kneller 8246 on December 30, 2016, 07:41:59 AM

I have a Waldron system on the '47, and it's been good for 3 years now. Little trimming here and there as expected. Nice quality, good prices.
          Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

bullet bob

What's the problem with naming names? I belong to other non-related forums, and if a supplier, or sponsor, doesn't measure up, it's posted. Helps keep everyone on the up-and-up.
Honda Goldwing 1800  "I don't need no stinkin' map, I've still got gas"

35-709

Not that I disagree, but the forum rules clearly state ---

--> No disparaging remarks or personal attacks against fellow forum members, club members, club directors & officers, forum moderators, or any business will be tolerated.  Discussion threads containing such remarks will be removed, and may result in the loss of the poster's privilege to post on the CLC Message Board.

A link to the Forum Rules is near the top of every Forum page. 
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

bcroe

I have found that "home made" mufflers aren't reliable for the
long term; these were stainless steel that I hoped never to fix
again.  I have switched to BORLA stainless mufflers which truly
will last a lifetime.  A stainless system I put together a couple