News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Cadillacs built in the USA?

Started by 30326, January 04, 2017, 06:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hmm, so Ford decided to build more cars in the US instead of Mexico. Must be smart to build cars for the US market in USA. At least that creates more domestic jobs = more potential customers.

But as this forum is about Cadillacs I have for some time been wondering where Cadillacs are built today? Have Cadillacs always been built in the states? If not, what year/models was built outside?
If there was Cadillacs built outside the US, where they as reliable as the ones built in the US? Any years/models to stay clear off?

The Tassie Devil(le)

Cadillacs were also built in Sweden, and are being built in China.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

If I recall they were called SAAB. And that was a big mistake. Cadillac should never have been involved with SAAB.

So if 2017 year model Cadillacs are built in China and sold in the states today, which models?

Big Apple Caddy

Cadillacs are currently built in the U.S., Canada, South Korea, Indonesia, and China but I believe all North American market vehicles except the XTS (built in Canada) and CT6 plug-in hybrid (built in China) are built in the states.

The North American market SRX, Cadillac's bestseller 2010-2016, was built in Mexico.