News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

help, 67 coupe deville starter bolts????

Started by markie_mark_1986, February 07, 2017, 03:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markie_mark_1986

got a 67 coupe deville, went to replace the starter but the orginal was missing and no bolts. can anyone tell me the correct bolts i need to get? would be greatly appreciated.

Scot Minesinger

The bolts are 3/8" course thread.  Look at the replacement starter and you can see what length the bolts would have to be - thru starter plus half inch minimum (maybe 3/4").  The starter bolts had a knurled shaft.  If you want I have spares, send me the starter thru dimensions and I will send you the bolts.  My e-mail is rscotm@cox.net, include your address.  Due to shipping send my $5 when you get the bolts or buy my a drink at GN2017 - I will need it.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Just wondering, why are the bolts knurled? I knew they were, but just wonder why.
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

The Tassie Devil(le)

They are knurled to create a tight fit through the Starter and the block.   This creates a pair of virtual locating pins to locate the starter motor correctly to the block as in most cases, the thread is slightly larger in diameter to the shaft of the bolt.

Having the starter able to move slightly will compromise the bendix to flex-plate teeth alignment.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon