News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

wiper motor

Started by 76 cadillac bob, February 07, 2017, 03:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

76 cadillac bob

Got a rebuilt wiper/washer motor, (plug from wire harness to motor was intermittant. Wiggled, it worked, finally checked and made sure connections were good) hit the motor it came on I left them on as it does rain in San Diego on occassion. Wipers work great, left the switch in on position, parked in upright position. Came out this am, turned them off and on and they worked many times perfectly. Washer works as well.  Drove a few miles and they failed to come on, had to bang on the round motor housing again. Not sure what the issue is, sounds like a resistor or short inside the motor, anyone got a clue? it is going back to mechanic tomorrow, I dont think he believes me. Once they are  on all delays and speeds are perfect in fact the other issue is the drivers wiper slaps the windshield post it moves so fast.
RegardsCadillac Bob

35-709

Brushes hanging up/not installed properly?
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

P. Manoogian

Set up a secondary ground with alligator clips just to rule that out as a possibility.
1961 Eldorado - Shell Pearl/Mauve
1962 Corvette 327 - 250 HP Automatic Triple Black
1963 Impala SS Convertible - 283 Automatic Black Red Gut White Top
1965 Impala SS Coupe  - 502 Turbo 400 - Crocus Yellow
1974 Corvette L84 4spd Coupe - White / Black Leather