News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1960 Eureka Hearse rear fender trim

Started by rustytractor, February 16, 2017, 07:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rustytractor

The stainless trim on my Eureka is all pretty good with the exception of the long trim which goes the length on the drivers side rear fender. At some point it has been damaged, bent straight drilled and riveted back on (not nice !!)

Does anyone know if this is the same trim piece as fitted to a standard car (I'm guessing a coupe if anything due to the length which must be around 7ft) ?

Next question would be - does anyone have one cos I'm a friend in need.
Too many cars - too little time !!

76eldo

Get me the exact length.  I know someone that has a 1960 quarter molding that he thinks is for a commercial car.  It's NOS and is mint.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

rustytractor

Quote from: 76eldo on February 16, 2017, 09:54:54 PM
Get me the exact length.  I know someone that has a 1960 quarter molding that he thinks is for a commercial car.  It's NOS and is mint.

Brian

I've measured the damaged trim and it's 81.5 inches long.

Although not super critical I could do with a pair. The one on the other side has had the last 2 feet replaced, one piece having been slid over the other. This looks ok but isn't the same as the drivers side where it meets the back door (it's only noticeable if you know to look so it's not a big issue really and I can live with it)

I've attached photos of the damaged drivers side trim here which shows how both ends look, will send pix of the passenger side next post.

Thanks for your help Brian, isn't the Internet a wonderful thing ??

rustytractor

Here's the "spliced" passenger side rear fender trim showing both the join and the end by the rear door. The end can be cut to emulate the trim on the other side which, looking at the open ends on the other trims on the car, appears correct BUT I may be wrong.

Would the front end of these trims be left open and just cut on an angle ?

76eldo

The one my friend has is 92 inches long.

I have a 1960 molding for 2 door that is damaged.  Maybe you can cut out the damaged section and get it to the correct length?

I also have one that's been straightened and polished and it's currently on ebay.

The custom body builders like Eureka and Superior and S&S must have cut down longer moldings when these were new because I doubt that Cadillac made all of these sizes.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

rustytractor

Thanks for this Brian.

Does the 92" long trim look the same as mine ? If it does the door end can be cut off on an angle to match the length and profile of the existing damaged one I currently have.