News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1960s eldorado

Started by bolgna, February 21, 2017, 10:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bolgna

what 1960s Eldorado years are most sought after   

Chuck Patton

Hello Jimmy

Glad to read that you are interested in the 1960's Eldorado's.  Your question is ambiguous at best.  I would implore you to join the Cadillac & LaSalle Club national organization and a region/chapter near your residence.  Membership will allow you the experience and camaraderie with members to educate yourself on the joy's of ownership which drives DEMAND.  This is the best way to LEARN the benefits of owning, maintaining, and driving an Eldorado from the Sixties.  That is the true VALUE of a car from the Standard of the World.
Appraiser-Broker-Consultant
Past CLC National Board Director
Past CLCMRC Director
Past CLC Motor City Region President
CLC 1959-60 Cadillac Chapter Director
CLC Life Member #23147

76eldo

Jimmy,

My personal favorite is the 1960.  Of all of the 60's Eldorado's I think the 1960 and the 1964 are the most valuable.

There are guys that only like the 61-62's, and the same with the 65-66's.  1966 is the last year of the Eldorado convertible until 1971.

The 67-69 Eldorado coupe is one of the most beautiful cars of the era.

As Chuck states, it's a very broad grouping, "Eldorados of the Sixties"

Are you looking to make a buying decision?

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Scot Minesinger

By most sought after, presume you mean most people trying to buy them.  Probably 1968.  Reason is you get the 472 engine with disk brakes, the good dash and hidden headlights.  Cadillac made over fifteen thousand Eldorados once they went to front drive in 1967 each year.  This 1967-69 group is going to be more quantities bought and sold each year than the 1960-1966 group due to much higher volume manufactured and newer.

All of the Cadillacs made in the 1960's are wonderful and you almost cannot go wrong buying one in good shape.

The more rare and desirable RWD convertibles from 1960 thru 1966 are more valuable than the 1967-69 Eldorados due to RWD, convertible and around 2,000 made each year.  I think in this group the older it is the more valuable, with 1960 being twice the value of any other year.  The 1964 is probably the most sought after in this grouping because it is the last year of the fins, and first year of 429 engine, TH400, and climate control.  The 1964 Eldorados may be more valuable than the 1963 Eldorados.  For me to choose in consideration of all factors including price, which is best is impossible, I like them all in this group.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

I own a Series 62 1964. I have owned a 1966 DeVille convertible. Highest on my wishlist is a 1964 Eldorado Biaritz Convertible. I don't like the vertical headlights on 1965 and forward. I like the new 429 and the new climate comfort control system, rear trunk lid, rear lights. I love the old style fins, but unfortunately skirts was changed on 1964 Eldorados. Would have preferred the old style for that.
For me 1964 is the only year for Cadillacs. And throw in the fact that I was fabricated that year, born in 1965...

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Most sought after........That depends on what you want.

I'm lucky enough to own the two bookend Eldorado's of this decade.

The 1960 Eldo is a really flashy sleek car that gets alot of attention whenever I take it out.

The 1969 Eldo is an edgy cool powerful mid century modern car.

As I get older I don't need the flashy-ness of the 1960.

And the brute force of the 1969 use to be fun........you know, killing bugs with a sledge hammer kind of power.

I just don't drive cars that hard anymore.

Last year I purchased two low mileage 1966 & 1968 Fleetwood Broughams.

The cost, the style, the options, the comfort, the flashyness and the coolness of these cars are just perfect for me........just my 2 cents.

Mike    #15848

Mike
Baillargeon

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

If market value is any indication of being sought after, the 1960 Eldorado Biarritz is easily the single most desired model of the 1960s, and by extension, pretty much all subsequent Eldorado models.

Naturally this assumes all other factors (relatively) equal.

The 1960 is exceeded by the '59 model in terms of value but today, any 1953 - 1960 Eldorado model is pretty much the gold standard of postwar Cadillac collectibility/desirability - with prices to match.

As far as investor Cadillacs go, 53-60 are the "Blue Chips". 

Opinions are divided on the rest of the '60s, but '62 an and '66 are both very strong, 63/64 perhaps a little less but color combinations can change that picture. In any case, all RWD 61-66 Eldorados command significantly more than subsequent FWD Eldorado models, again all else equal.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute