News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Hollywood comes to Oklahoma

Started by okccadman, February 28, 2017, 03:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

okccadman

This winter I got to work with the producers of the upcoming file "Wildlife" starring Jake Gyllenhaal.   Enid, OK was transformed into a small Montana Town and a former Ford Showroom turned plumbing supply house became the Cadillac dealership.  That's my 56 Series 62 Coupe in a starring role.
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
56 Fleetwood 75 Derham Limo
59 Fleetwood Sixty Special
66 Fleetwood Brougham
66 Superior Hearse/Ambulance
67 Fleetwood Sixty Special
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
76 Coupe de Ville d'Elegance
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham
02 Eldorado Commemorative Edition

okccadman

more photos
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
66 Fleetwood Brougham
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham
02 Eldorado Commemorative Edition

Chas

Living relatively close to NYC, a number of times I've been asked to use one or another of my classic cars in a movie or TV production. I've always turned the request down. My thought is that the film crew would not treat my vehicles with the consideration they deserve: scratching or denting them, acting as if they were just another prop. Is this what your experience was like?
1967 Coupe DeVille
1970 Coupe DeVille
1976 Coupe DeVille
1983 Coupe DeVille
1977 Harley Cafe Racer
1991 Harley Fat Boy
1957 Harley Hardtail
1949 Lusse Bumper Car
If you're 25 years old and not a liberal, you have no heart. If you're 45 years old and not a conservative, you have no money!

Barry M Wheeler #2189

My wife (before we met) watched some of the filming of "Some Came Running" in Madison, IN. Dean Martin's car was a 1941 Cadillac convertible coupe.She said that Dean drove the car down the street and for the next take, a flunky backed it up for him. When Carl Steig had his '41 60S in "Tucker", he was able to drive it. I guess it depends on the particular producer how and who drives the cars. I spoke with the guy who owned the '41Buick phaeton in (I think) Tora, Tora, Tora. He got all damage repaired and I think a new paint job. I believe there were some "bullet holes" that had to be repaired.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Scot Minesinger

I would be very careful with production companies.  I think we all want to do it once.  My 1970 red with red interior DVC is used in the Washington Capitols (Caps) "Rock the Red" theme video back in 2009 or so.  I got to drive it most of the time, or at any speed above 10mph. You can google and find the video.

The whole thing was about finding a large red convertible with a red interior, and as you all know those are rare.  I was paid $450 for a fun night and my young children, 14, 12, and 9 got to be in the video as extras.

Hockey players are like my size 5'-9" whereas normally me with a group of professional athletes, I'm not one of the taller guys.  Some were down to earth, others kind of spoiled - you never know.

Based on this experience, you need to be there the entire time and guard your car, letting the production crew know how important it is.  I would say do not let them use a #1, car, but it is probably ok for a non perfect car.  Make sure your cooling system is in perfect shape because that car will idle for hours.  Unless there was a huge payment or enormous notoriety, probably would not do it again.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

g27g28

Hey Jim congratulations on having a movie car now.  To bad they didn't film at 400 N. Walker in OKC.   Who supplied the other Cadillacs for the showroom?
1941 Series 62
1954 Coupe DeVille
1978 Phaeton
1980 Fleetwood

okccadman

The 59 and 61 were locally sourced in Enid, OK and I arranged for a friend to let then use his 60 Eldorado Seville, which I drove to and from the location.  This production company was amazing to work with.  The rented the closed Sears Auto Center in the local mall to securely store our cars indoors under lock and key any treated the cars very well.  They were so nice i agreed to let them paint my blue car pink for the film.  They let me choose the painter and all.
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
66 Fleetwood Brougham
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
90 Brougham