News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1955 Cadillac brake line question

Started by 55hooptie, March 09, 2017, 08:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

55hooptie

Can someone post a picture of the main line running from the master cylinder to the hydrovac booster? I forgot to take a picture before I cut the lines out and don't know how it gets around the brass distribution block on the frame rail. Or does it go down through the frame and run on the bottom side somehow?

Caddy Wizard

Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

55hooptie

Thanks Art, this helps quite a bit. I will have to see how I can run it around the steering box to the master cylinder when I get out to the garage. This car sat in a barn for 42 years and I don't have a lift, so this brake job has been a nightmare.

stzomah

Here's a shot of my 56 before the facelift.  Not great pics but you can see the brake line running to the right of the gear box...???

Wayne
1956 Series 62 Coupe
owned since 1975

55hooptie

Thanks Wayne,
   That is how I ended up running it. The only problem I have now is, I had to cut and flare the line at the correct length after bending it up. I don't own a GOOD double flaring tool so I think I will take it to a buddy and do it once instead of trying to fix my mess ups.