News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Terrible Crash, 1959 Convertible in Tucson AZ area

Started by 76eldo, March 10, 2017, 09:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

76eldo

Anyone know who this car belongs to?  News report says he is an 87 year old Cadillac collector:

http://www.kvoa.com/story/34711786/driver-of-classic-cadillac-hospitalized-after-crash

Sure hope he is OK and will make a full recovery.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Bobby B

And the driver of a pick-up truck was backing down a ramp  >:(   Unbelievable..... Terrible accident and a lot of damage to what looks like a really nice car. Hope he wasn't too banged up. Happened in Orcutt, CA. Wishing him a speedy recovery also.......
                                                               Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

arch62

Big Apple Caddy

Quote from: 76eldo on March 10, 2017, 09:27:50 PM
Anyone know who this car belongs to?  News report says he is an 87 year old Cadillac collector:

The car's owner is John Shuffield from Orcutt, California.

P. Manoogian

It is indeed a paradox that when you drive these cars you attract both positive attention as well as bad drivers.
1961 Eldorado - Shell Pearl/Mauve
1962 Corvette 327 - 250 HP Automatic Triple Black
1963 Impala SS Convertible - 283 Automatic Black Red Gut White Top
1965 Impala SS Coupe  - 502 Turbo 400 - Crocus Yellow
1974 Corvette L84 4spd Coupe - White / Black Leather

Chas

DANG! I hope John is well. I could never be confused with a safety nut, but we gotta consider what happens when we run without shoulder belts and collipsible steering columns. As a good buddy once said......."we makes our choices and lives with our results".
1967 Coupe DeVille
1970 Coupe DeVille
1976 Coupe DeVille
1983 Coupe DeVille
1977 Harley Cafe Racer
1991 Harley Fat Boy
1957 Harley Hardtail
1949 Lusse Bumper Car
If you're 25 years old and not a liberal, you have no heart. If you're 45 years old and not a conservative, you have no money!

WTL

Horrible, and my hopes and prayers will be with John. 

I always tell myself to drive uber defensively, but there are times when even the most careful drivers get hit.  Ultimately we all need a little luck. 

David Greenburg

I just saw a news report that Mr. Shuffield, the driver has been released from the hospital and gone home. Apparently he plans to repair the car with the help of his grandson.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Vince Taliano #13852

The CLC Potomac Region first reported the story of John Shuffield’s accident in the April newsletter issue of the Caddie Chronicle. The story resulted in a lot of replies from Region members, in particular Randy Edison, James Fournier and Jack McClow, discussing the best ways to show John our support and best wishes. James was able to contact John’s daughter-in-law in California. She informed him that Mr.Shuffield really appreciates our club reaching out to him. Since he is not a national CLC member, the Region’s officers decided to purchase him a national membership and send him a care package containing back issues of The Self-Starter, particularly issues with articles on 1959 Cadillacs. Special thanks to James, Randy and Jack, along with Lars Kneller who donated The Self-Starter magazines and Vince Taliano who donated a Potomac Region grille badge.
Vince Taliano
CLC Potomac Region
www.clcpotomacregion.org (view over 3,000 pictures!)

35-709

Super and superb gesture, gentlemen!  First class.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Seville1957

Quote from: Vince Taliano #13852 on May 03, 2017, 09:24:53 AM
The CLC Potomac Region first reported the story of John Shuffield’s accident in the April newsletter issue of the Caddie Chronicle. The story resulted in a lot of replies from Region members, in particular Randy Edison, James Fournier and Jack McClow, discussing the best ways to show John our support and best wishes. James was able to contact John’s daughter-in-law in California. She informed him that Mr.Shuffield really appreciates our club reaching out to him. Since he is not a national CLC member, the Region’s officers decided to purchase him a national membership and send him a care package containing back issues of The Self-Starter, particularly issues with articles on 1959 Cadillacs. Special thanks to James, Randy and Jack, along with Lars Kneller who donated The Self-Starter magazines and Vince Taliano who donated a Potomac Region grille badge.

That's awesome!

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A very fine gesture which is certain to be appreciated by the '59 convertible owner.

I wish him well with repairs and hopefully he'll keep the CLC informed of the progress.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute