News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1955 fleetwood rear door weather stripping

Started by G.Lucas #25354, March 13, 2017, 10:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.Lucas #25354

I am looking at installing the rear door weather stripping, but find the manual not very clear on how they are routed around the front pillar. I have the steele kit which contains 2 different sizes of stripping per door and 2 adapted strips. My steele kit shows a basic out line. So on the rear passenger door I use one adapter on the top corner of the window and the small stripping to where? about the wheel cut out top or bottom of it? then the  2nd adapter to the larger size. Then follow through with the larger size weather stripping along the bottom in the track with the tabs up the side by the pillar between the wire harness and over the edge of the bottom hinge and screws. Then up to the window frame and around to the first adapter. What is the path from the bottom hinge to the window frame as there does not seem to be distinct route to follow? :o

Pictures would be a thousand words on the proper routing of the weather stripping and location of the adapters.
Modify message

Bob Kielar

Working on Annie (55 Fleetwood) today took some pictures of the rear door weatherstripping. As you can see in picture 5 the bottom corner piece fell off it meets up with the weatherstripping in picture 4 by the electrical conduit. This piece and the top corner piece can be a pain to keep in place. Good luck.

Keep Cruzin,

Bob Kielar
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

G.Lucas #25354

Thanks Bob, Thats great. I thought the thin strip went on the opposite side on the back of the door, but now I see it goes on the front by the pillar. That clears things up for me.