News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

New addition '75 Fleetwood

Started by jagbuxx #12944, March 15, 2017, 04:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jagbuxx #12944

It was just loaded on carrier today in Sacramento. Should be at its new home tomorrow.
Brougham de'Elegance owned by its second owner since 1978. Now has only 17,300 miles.
Emberust Firemist with Rosewood Medici interior.
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.

g27g28

1941 Series 62
1954 Coupe DeVille
1978 Phaeton
1980 Fleetwood

Scot Minesinger

It looks like a really great Cadillac - enjoy!
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

D.Smith

Congratulations!

That looks great!     Be sure to post more photos for us once it gets home and off the truck. 

Rich S

Wow!!! What a great car! Best of luck with it and thanks for sharing the pictures!
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

When the car is still wearing the proper d'Elegance wheelcovers, it is a very good sign.

It is a treasure. Congratulations!
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

jagbuxx #12944

I've been tinkering with the new car, replacing door bushings and adjusting them, removed the upper and lower grilles for detailing, fixed a lamp monitor, etc,  had the car polished and waxed and did some touch up. Took it out for some beauty shots.
The car car is a late build, 2nd week of June body 17617 of 18755 I think.
I think a special order car because of the interior/exterior combination not being a recommended selection. Emberust with Rosewood.
Frank Burns #12944
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

D.Smith

Thanks for sharing those with us!     The car looks great!    :D

Rich S

Beautiful! "First Class" all the way! Thanks for sharing the pictures!
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

jdemerson

Quote from: jagbuxx #12944 on March 26, 2017, 07:38:46 PM
I've been tinkering with the new car, replacing door bushings and adjusting them, removed the upper and lower grilles for detailing, fixed a lamp monitor, etc,  had the car polished and waxed and did some touch up. Took it out for some beauty shots.
The car car is a late build, 2nd week of June body 17617 of 18755 I think.
I think a special order car because of the interior/exterior combination not being a recommended selection. Emberust with Rosewood.

From the plate you posted, it doesn't appear to be a Special Order. At least one source indicates that 1974 was the last year of Special Order paint on Cadillac, but I can't confirm that.  Of course this car may have been ordered by the original owner exactly as he wanted it, but that doesn't make it "special order".

Here is what the plate tells us:
Trim:  79G  Dark Rosewood Medici Cloth
Paint: 98 Emberust Firemist

The codes are from the excellent Raritan River Region posting. (Thanks!)  And this is exactly as you indicated in your first posting.

Congratulations on having this fantastic and unusual model with such low mileage. We hope you will keep it as original as possible!

John Emerson
1952 Cadillac 6219X
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

If all selections of paint, roof and interior are regular menu offerings for a given year and model, it is not a special order no matter how discordant the choices may be. (Not to suggest this is the case with this '75 Brougham)

Suffice to say, if the data plate does not contain a "00" code, it is not a Special Order.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

jagbuxx #12944

Thank you for all of the positive comments. I will be adding the original rear extension moldings today.
I understand the S/O comments in that this car does not deviate from the regular specs, only that the color combination was not listed as a "standard recommendation" per the optional specs manual. What I meant was that someone probably thought about and spec'd out the car this way....
Color code 98 cloth recommendations were Saddle Moselle, or Black Moselle/Medici based on trim level. Or White leather or Dark Brown leather.
Frank Burns #12944
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White