News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Sometimes little things hold up a restoration. Looking for a 1956 hose "T"

Started by johnregrus, March 15, 2017, 05:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnregrus

I can't start the engine of my 1956 yet because I can't find something as simple as a heater hose "T" fitting that connects three heater hoses together in the engine bay just behind the brake booster on drivers side of the car.

I've searched the forum for previous discussions on this part and someone may have described it as a "Y" fitting or I may be mixing the part up with some other.

Attached is a drawing of what I'm looking for as well as a photo of where it is supposed to be installed on the car.

Someone told me that they were made out of tin and not copper and just rusted away.

Does anyone have any idea where I can find this fitting? The problem is the size of the openings 5/8"x5/8"x3/4".

Thanks for any help.
1958 Series 62
1956 Eldorado Biarritz

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Maybe make one out of copper water pipe and fittings.

I think 1/2" copper pipe fits nicely into that 5/8" hose.

Get a 1/2" "T" at home depot and solder it together......make the "T" a little longer on the 3/4" side and double clamp it.

Lets get that 56 Biarritz up and running!

Mike   #15848
Mike
Baillargeon

Caddy Wizard

Hmmm, I definitely have a T fitting that looks like that somewhere in my stuff.  But I am not sure if it came off of a 54, 55 or 56.  And I think it was all 5/8, but maybe it is the one you need and has the 3/4 end.  I will see if I can  find it tonight.  The difficulty is that I moved from one house to another and so what was hard to find in my stuff is even more of a  challenge...

Oh, and yes, these T fittings are not copper.  They seem to be some sort of zinc alloy or aluminum alloy. 
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

fishnjim

https://www.amazon.com/APDTY-911533-Heater-Hose-Replaces/dp/B00CMWINHG

It plastic but if you don't have any...
Fancy would be to get one out of SS.   Probably easy to make out of SS tubing and TIG weld.

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Mike
Baillargeon

Caddy Wizard

I found my T's in the basement, but they are 5/8 at all three ends.  They are made of some sort of alloy and have a barb on each end to hold the hose.

Sorry I don't have what you need...
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)

Caddy Wizard

There is a guy who just posted on the For Sale forum that he is parting out a 56.  Check that out...
Art Gardner

J. Gomez

John,

Just one small correction, the one on the firewall which is for the inlet to the two side heaters is the “T” type and the one for the outlet from both heaters which is at the left side fender (driver side) next to the P/B booster is the “Y” type.

Both have the same fittings 3/4” and 5/8” and they are pewter alloy as others have stated above.

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

cadman56

John,
I think I have a couple of spares of that "Y" fitting.  I will look and let you know.  It is not plastic, tin, or copper.  It is pewter or pot metal.  they corrode badly on the inside.
I will let you know by this evening.
My email is:  lblanchard6@cox.net
I just got my 56 Seville started last week.  New PS steering gear, idler arm, and heater cores.  No leaks.  YAY!
Larry
1956 Cadillac Coupe deVille (sold)
1956 Cadillac Convertible (sold)
1956 Cadillac Eldorado Seville (sold)
1967 Cadillac Eldorado (sold)
1968 Cadillac Convertible (Sold)
1991 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham dElegance
Larry Blanchard CLC #5820

cadman56

1956 Cadillac Coupe deVille (sold)
1956 Cadillac Convertible (sold)
1956 Cadillac Eldorado Seville (sold)