News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1957 Cadillac Carburetor

Started by Ernie, March 27, 2017, 02:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

The Carb leaking between base and body of Carb ?
I tried second Carb and same thing , any ides
Thanks

J. Gomez

Quote from: Ernie on March 27, 2017, 02:13:52 PM
The Carb leaking between base and body of Carb ?
I tried second Carb and same thing , any ides
Thanks

??? what type of carb Rochester 4GC, Carter AFB, off brand  ???

??? is the leak between the throttle body and the carb bowl ???
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Ernie

Rochester 7010100

Leaking between Base Plate and Main body, Installed new Gaskets, even tried another Carb and same thing ?

Thanks

Walter Youshock

Do yourself a HUGE favor and get a Carter.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

J. Gomez

Quote from: Ernie on March 28, 2017, 11:39:32 AM
Rochester 7010100

Leaking between Base Plate and Main body, Installed new Gaskets, even tried another Carb and same thing ?

Thanks

Hmmm are you swapping a complete carb with the throttle base or just swapping the carb and reusing the same throttle base?

It is extremely rare to have two complete 4GC behave with the same symptoms.  :o

If you are just swapping the carb and reusing the same throttle plate most likely the problem is with the throttle plate since it leaks with either carb. Just my 2 cents.
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

bazilman

my 57 Fleetwood now runs an edlebrock carb. Not for the purists I grant you, but a whole lot more reliable.
Craig Dunn

Caddy Wizard

Edelbrock carb is essentially a Carter AFB (which was used on Cadillacs), so don't lose sleep over this.
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

fishnjim