News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1979 Cadillac Eldorado

Started by Cadillaccowboy, March 27, 2017, 08:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadillaccowboy

hi guys i am new here i am in Atlanta ga . i have a 79 Eldorado gas engine 5.7 350 ..i am having transmission rebuild done at moment  i love it ..any owners of 79 eldorado id love to talk with you and swap pix and have good time thx..also anyone know the values of these mine is with sunroof and red leather white paint and has rafio cassette with cb radio!

TJ Hopland

My 80 is out of commission and may not come back but I have been driving the heck out of an 81 Riv.  I drove it so much I actually wore out the front brakes in 3 years.   They didn't have wear indicators so I got into the rotors which I have never done before.  A guy made me a decent offer on it recently and I am thinking about selling it which will likely mean I will be shopping for another.   I really like the look and feel of that body style which was 79-85.   The 80 had the digital climate control.    My Riv must have been a custom order.  Its got a fully manual climate control that isn't even shown in the owners manual, same with the radio which doesn't even show up in the service manuals.  The next one I think I want the velour pillow back seats again.  I think those are the most comfortable seats GM made.   The Riv seats are alright, they are a kinda luxury bucket sort of thing but nothing like those pillows in the Eldo.   
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

bcroe

Quote from: Cadillaccowboy
Hi guys I am new here i am in Atlanta ga.  I have a 79 Eldorado gas engine 5.7 350 ..I am having transmission rebuild done at moment.  I love it ..any owners of 79 Eldorado I'd love to talk with you and swap pix and have good time thx..also anyone know the values of these?  Mine is with sunroof and red leather white paint and has radio cassette with cb radio! 

I have been driving that chassis for 3 decades; had my latest 79 Eldo since 1995. 
Shown in my shop here, mine came with an 8 track player.  Lots can go wrong
which I have learned to fix; I once wrote a 2 dozen page article about experiences. 
Modifications, plenty of those.  Read about the EFI system on the first album of
my PHOTOBUCKET.

http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/L71/bcroe/

click on an Album
  click on a picture to enlarge + description

Hope it runs well for you, most of the calls I get are about problems. 
Bruce Roe CLC # 14630