News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Door Jamb Covers Specifically 1968

Started by Highwayman68, March 30, 2017, 02:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highwayman68

Can anyone confirm if the plastic door jamb covers are the same for four door cars and two door cars. I am referring to the small cover in the attachment.

1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981

cadillacmike68

Are you referring to the two little round dots in the pic? This is the front of the front door - correct? It should be the same on all the RWDs that year. The bigger piece is metal not plastic - at least on my car it is.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

DeVille68

Hi

My 68 Convertible has this plate that you show.
I did not find exact information but I am guessing that the parts are the same for the front door, because the door hinge and cowl is the same.

I found something in the numbers catalog, but I am not sure if this really relates to the part you show.

Group:
10.778  Conduit - cover, door wiring harness or vacuum hose

Part:
66-68 ALL  4479837   Conduit, front door

The part for the rear door is different
66-68 Sedans  4479840   RH or (4479841) LH conduit, rear door.

Best regards,
Nicolas
1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible (silver pine green)

Highwayman68

Thanks, I figured they should be the same.
1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981