News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

'71-76 Coupe DeVille Owners (Hemmings Article)

Started by Caddyjack, April 08, 2017, 04:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caddyjack

Hemmings Classic Car Magazine has a cool article about the 1971-1976 Coupe DeVille. I scanned it for those of you interested in reading it.......
Jack Larson
Philadelphia, PA

jagbuxx #12944

I agree that these cars are undervalued and under appreciated. The finest riding cars of their day. Nothing before or since can equal them. I think every collector/enthusiast will eventually want one of the last true full sized Cadillacs.
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.

Scot Minesinger

Jagbuxx,

Your Cadillac looks great!  Never been a big fan of the vinyl top, but thought it looked good on the Cadillacs from 71 thru 76, and never saw one without until now.  I'm wrong, looks better without a vinyl top.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

jagbuxx #12944

Thank you Scot, I guess the original owner thought the same about the top. The car was special ordered with everything except the alarm and vinyl top.
Sunroof, Trackmaster, twin recliners and more.
Sure prevented the rust that those tops have become famous for....
Frank Burns #12944
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

STS05lg

Frank,

Your coupe is absolutely outstanding. I have been driving early seventies Cadillac's sense the 1980's and your coupe is the nicest one I can remember seeing and with no full or half vinyl top. The only 75/76 I have seen on the market over the years without a vinyl top or half top were Calais. Yours appears to have the De-Elegance package (i can not see the hood ornament in your picture to confirm) if it is a de-Elegance it would mean that the original customer would have had to request the half vinyl top be deleted because it was part of the package. Hope to see your car at the GN.

Thanks, Lynn

jagbuxx #12944

Thanks Lynn,
Yes it is a d'Elegance but I've updated the hood ornament to the Fleetwood wreath and crest.
The car also is fuel injected as well as equipped with a steel sunroof. The car now has about 69k original miles.
I've recently added a 17,000 mile 75 Fleetwood d'Elegance as well....
Frank Burns #12944
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

D.Smith

Gorgeous cars Frank!

I edited those photos for you.   Resized, cropped, brightness adjusted too in case you want to save them to your computer.

DeVille68

1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible (silver pine green)

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

The statement that "[1971 - 1976] Coupes not commanding the attention of their four door stablemates" is doubtful.

Also, Track Master (rear ABS) became an option in 1973, not 1976 as suggested in the article.

Enjoyed the article otherwise.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Caddyjack

Jack Larson
Philadelphia, PA