News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1956 Cadillac hood center guide placement?

Started by carguyblack, April 11, 2017, 07:23:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carguyblack

Would any of you 1956 Cadillac owners please take a look under your hood and tell me which way this bracket and spring gets installed? I bought this piece not having one myself so I don't know which way it came off. Thanks for your help! Tell me if I am under the hood looking up at the location, do I use the "A" or "B" position?
Thanks much,
Chuck
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE

carguyblack

Sorry, I can't seem to load my 2 pictures. I'll try to describe them.
The spring steel loop has a slight curve to it. Does the curved end swoop up towards the hood or down towards the cowl as the hood closes?
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1989 Bonneville SSE

J. Gomez

Chuck,

FYI picture attach..!

I think the data base has restriction on downloading the old Polaroid pictures.  ;D Sorry my friend had the get a funny this early today.  ;)

Hope this help..! 

J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Walter Youshock

Loosen the bracket slightly and close the hood.  It should just touch intake grille.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

carguyblack

Funny man, Jose!
I thought it might be the time of day or the size of the file so I waited and tried again with only one picture. Seemed to load it into the site but it wouldn't stick. Tried numerous times and just gave up.
The picture you sent must be of a 1957 as mine looks a little different. I installed mine in the same way as your picture showed it and it seemed to work fine. Thanks for the help!
By the way, my photos were not Polaroid but rather daguerreotypes!
Chuck
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1989 Bonneville SSE

J. Gomez

Quote from: carguyblack on April 11, 2017, 03:35:38 PM
Funny man, Jose!
I thought it might be the time of day or the size of the file so I waited and tried again with only on e picture. Seemed to load it into the site but it wouldn't stick. Tried numerous times and just gave up.
The picture you sent must be of a 1957 as mine looks a little different. I installed mine in the same way as your picture showed it and it seemed to work fine. Thanks for the help!
By the way, my photos were not Polaroid but rather daguerreotypes!
Chuck

Sorry old friend I just grab one from my temp folder without looking..!  :o Good eyes.  ;)

Glad you were able to get it install.

By the way, my photos were not Polaroid but rather daguerreotypes!   :D  8)
J. Gomez
CLC #23082