News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Dual Master Brake Cylinder

Started by Bill Sanders, April 15, 2017, 11:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Sanders

I am looking for a kit or parts to convert  my '49 Cad Convertible to a dual master cylinder.
I read an old post that said a kit was available. Does any one have info on where I can find one.

Bill Ingler #7799

Bill: Art Gardner in Atlanta Ga was making up kits and I bought a kit for my 47 and yet to be installed. I think he said he was going to stop making the kit but worth a call to him. He is a member of the Cad/LaSalle Club so you can find his email address in the club directory.      Bill

Bill Sanders

Bill,
Thanks very much for all the info on the dual Master cylinder kit. I will follow up on it

Caddy Wizard

I made 50 of these kits and am out of stock.  They are excellent.  If I can find some time, I'll make another batch.  But I don't have any right now.

These bolt onto the frame without requiring any drilling, hold a modern dual master in just the right position and just the right pitch and yaw to clear the brake pedal arm and work properly with all of the original parts.  I put a good bit of effort into making these just right.
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

Bill Sanders

Thanks for the reply Art,
I would wait for the kit if you think it would be available in the near future. I have a slight leak in my current single and would like to replace it with a dual cylinder.
Thanks
Bill