News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1972 Cadillac Eldorado Air Conditioning

Started by Bill Young, April 16, 2017, 07:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Young

Hello , I have a 1972 Cadillac Fleetwood Eldorado Convertible with Climate Control. I am purchasing a new Compressor for my car but then I am concerned because I think some of the vacuum hoses under my hood might be mis directed or missing. Does any one who has a 1972 Eldorado have correct working Climate Control that would be kind enough to take photos of their system under the hood and E-Mail them to me so I can compare your photos to my car? I would be most appreciative .

dochawk

While I have the same car, you very much don't want photos from mine :o

Too many things connected at random (including spark plugs!).

I look forward to seeing your answers, as this hopefully is on this spring/summer's list for me.

hawk
1972 Eldorado convertible,  1997 Eldorado ETC (now awaiting parts swap from '95 donor), 1993 Fleetwood but no 1926 (yet)

The Tassie Devil(le)

I will take pictures of mine as a last resort, as I have done a few modifications to mine.   Both in the Fuel, electrical and Vacuum departments.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Scot Minesinger

Best to buy a shop manual. 

I restored a 1972 Cadillac Eldorado climate control.  Suffered a bad evap, which drove me crazy, but the control part was easy. 

This is not a complicated system.  Under the hood I think they only vacuum line controls the heater valve.  All others are not associated with climate control as I remember - it was two years and a few cars ago.  The 1964 thru 1970 had a power servo on fire wall/master switches, vacuum switched warm up, idle speed up and the like, which were vacuum operated.  Every (8) Cadillac from 1971 thru 1976 that suffered climate control issues needed a programmer (behind glove box).
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

cadillacmike68

Bill,

Please take your email out of your message. That's a good way to get lots of Spam, and not the kind that the Samoans like to eat!
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike