News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1976 deVille kickdown switch SOS

Started by Jeff Wilk, April 24, 2017, 11:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Wilk

HELP.....anybody have for sale, or know of who does, the transmission kickdown switch and bracket that mounts to the manifold on the '76 Cadillac deVille????  Mine are missing totally and I need a working one asap. I do see an NOS one on ebay for a fortune and another that has not been tested for a little less. Any help is appreciated.

Jeff
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

bcroe

Those things are troublesome.  I use the type every TH400 vehicle except Cad used,
which mounts just above the gas pedal.  Brackets are in lots of cars & trucks; the
actual switch is still available new.  good luck, Bruce Roe

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Jeff,
I just "bumped" my classified on an NOS switch.  I also have a very good used switch I took off my '73, and I think $70.00 is a fair price.
PM me or call me at 210-289-5406
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

Scot Minesinger

Jeff,

I bought one of these switches from Greg and you can count on it being correct and operational.  I drove my 1970 DVC for years without this switch and never noticed a problem because it was very rare that this downshift was needed in regular driving.  Being an engineer once I noticed it, like you had to have it fixed right away.  Once or twice a year, I test it - because it is fun.  Be carful how you set this up, it is easy to break the plastic arm.  Usually when we read carb swap stories from posters the shop does not understand or does not take the time and breaks it or does not install it correctly.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty