News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Removing power switch from chrome bezel

Started by gatech1956, April 25, 2017, 07:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatech1956

Hi,

I have some working power window switches in the bezel to replace a broken switch in my 56 coupe. So the replacement switches I have are still in the bezel and I am having the hardest time getting switch out. The reason I want just the switch is because the chrome bezel I already have in my car is in better condition than the replacement bezel. Anyone know what the trick is?

Thanks

cadillac ken

Have you spotted the little clips that slide in-between the switch and the bezel?  They are very fragile and care must be taken not to break them.  But with two switches and bezels, you should end up with enough clips to work with. 

gatech1956

Quote from: cadillac ken on April 25, 2017, 08:01:34 PM
Have you spotted the little clips that slide in-between the switch and the bezel?  They are very fragile and care must be taken not to break them.  But with two switches and bezels, you should end up with enough clips to work with. 

oh yes I see them...what is the best way to take out the switch without breaking the clips?

Roger Zimmermann

Push the "ear" with a very small screwdriver. If not too rusted, the clips will disengage themselves. If not, you will have to give some help...Good luck!
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101