News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

67 Eldorado A/C transducer location ?

Started by jerryjansson, April 30, 2017, 03:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerryjansson

Working on the A/C / climate - system in my 67 Eldorado. Previous owners have fiddled around with the vacuum-hoses and we are trying to get everything back where it belongs.
But we can not find the A/C transducer !!!!
Maybe it's hidden somewhere or it has been removed ?
Anybody out there who knows where it should be placed ?

Over and out !
Jerry J
Jerry Jansson
Stockholm
Sweden
currently 67 Eldorado, previously: 1957 Eldorado Brougham #284, 1959 Seville #975, 1960 Eldorado Brougham #94

Glen

From the 67 shop manual. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

DeVille68

The transducer is mounted on the passenger side firewall under the dash. If you crawl under the dash you should see a mounting location with two screws (attached to the firewall) just where the carpet ends and the insulation of the firewall starts. The vacuum hoses should be routed to the right, over and then to the A/C Dash unit and out to the power servo.
1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible (silver pine green)

jerryjansson

Thanks for the info ! On my way over to the garage to see if its still there ;-)
Have a great weekend and come to think of it, have a great life ;-)
Jerry J
Jerry Jansson
Stockholm
Sweden
currently 67 Eldorado, previously: 1957 Eldorado Brougham #284, 1959 Seville #975, 1960 Eldorado Brougham #94

cadillactim

I believe the Eldo transducer is mounted just under the glove box door on the dash frame. Not on the firewall like the RWD models.

Tim
Tim Groves

jerryjansson

Found it !
Now have to find some time to see if it works properly.
Thanks all again !
Jerry J
Jerry Jansson
Stockholm
Sweden