News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

53 tire rims

Started by gdtogo, May 04, 2017, 09:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gdtogo

I seem to have two different rims on my 53 sedan 62
and hubcaps stay on one and not another ( sombrero )
were there different rims for 53 or are Cadillac rims interchangeable between years?

thanks for all who respond

Steve

Bob Schuman

Steve,
Cadillac 15 inch rims from 1941 through 1953 all look nearly identical, but 41-47 is 5-1/2 inches wide and 48-53 is 6 inches wide. This is easily measured with no tire on the rim, the dimension across where the tire bead presses, or with a wheel rim caliper. The large wheel covers must coorespond to the vintage of the wheels, or they will not stay on securely. The small hubcaps were all the same for 1941-53 and will work on any of the rims that have the retaining clips.
Bob Schuman

Bob Schuman, CLC#254
2017 CT6-unsatisfactory (repurchased by GM)
2023 XT5

Roger Zimmermann

If interested, I have 4 steel wheels coming from a 1953 car, in excellent shape. The owner from that car switched the steel wheels for wire wheels.
Be aware that I'm located in Switzerland and the shipping costs are substantial!
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101