News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Need recommendations of transmission repair shops.

Started by D. McNamara, April 13, 2017, 06:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D. McNamara

Need transmission work for 1957 60 Special.  Second gear is out on the Hydra-Matic C transmission.  I would like recommendations of mechanics with good reputations who have actually worked on these, located somewhere between Fresno & Reno. 

Were ID #’s stamped on the gas tanks for this 1957 60 Specials?

walt chomosh #23510

D.
  There is a gentleman in Salinas who overhauls Hydros plus one in Fort Worth Tx. I have both of their names....pm me for more should you need help....walt...tulsa,ok

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

I've heard LOTS of bad stories about the guy in Salinas... avoid him!!
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

D. McNamara

Thanks for responding.

Walt, please send me the name & # of the guy in Texas.  I am new to Forums, can you send to my e-address or does everyone have a string of messages on this site?

Bob, do you know of qualified transmission repair shops between Fresno & Reno?

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Dan,
Contact Greg at Allen's auto repair in Campbell. He does lots of work on early Cads. 408 370-1084
HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

walt chomosh #23510

D.,
  Irby Westmoreland in Forth Worth area. Long time transmission shop owner who also has some "special" rates for shipping. His phone number is 817-295-4196

Joeyq80

Frank at B&F transmission (818.994.7627) in Van Nuys, CA is an expert at Hydra-Matic's and Turbo Hydramatic's. He started with Lou Ehlers Cadillac in 1959 and was Cadillac trained on these transmissions. He's done 3 transmissions for me and all have turned out very well.
1964 Cadillac Sedan de Ville
1968 Cadillac Eldorado
1974 Cadillac Coupe de Ville
1979 Cadillac Eldorado