News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Trim clips

Started by Tpicks55, May 20, 2017, 07:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tpicks55

On my 5 Eldo convert I am taking the trim off for paint.  My question is what do I do with the clips?  Drill them out? are there replacements?  I've done a brief search and can't find any clips. Thanks Tony
75 Eldorado Convertible
94 Deville Concurs
2019 Lincoln Continental
2016 Cadillac XTS

BillR. CLC # 29203

Tony,
Give OPG a try:  https://www.opgi.com/cadillac/1955/fasteners-hardware/
Good luck and do stop back with results.
Bill Rodwick
CLC # 29203
Bill Rodwick
CLC # 29203

Crew Member:  '59 Sedan Deville Six Window

Tpicks55

Bill thanks for the reply.  I did find those on opg.  Those are the small trim clips which are good.  I guess I should have stated that the larger clips are the ones I cant find.  The car has larger trim that are about 3" wide which are the pieces that elude me.
75 Eldorado Convertible
94 Deville Concurs
2019 Lincoln Continental
2016 Cadillac XTS

BillR. CLC # 29203

Tony,
Maybe call them and see who they might recommend for the larger ones.
I just plugged into eBay search: "1955 Cadillac Eldorado trim clips" and found quite a supply.
Not sure if any of these are the size you require. 
Bill Rodwick
CLC# 29203
Bill Rodwick
CLC # 29203

Crew Member:  '59 Sedan Deville Six Window

Chas

Try Restoration Specialties (restorationspecialties.com). Don't rely on just their website. It's very condensed. Order their paper catalog. They have full size graphics of literally thousands of trim clips, most from the 1950's and 1960's I would say. If you don't find what you need in the catalog, text them a photo of what you're looking for. Chances are, they've got it!
1967 Coupe DeVille
1970 Coupe DeVille
1976 Coupe DeVille
1983 Coupe DeVille
1977 Harley Cafe Racer
1991 Harley Fat Boy
1957 Harley Hardtail
1949 Lusse Bumper Car
If you're 25 years old and not a liberal, you have no heart. If you're 45 years old and not a conservative, you have no money!

fishnjim

Tpicks55

Thank you all for the reply, I'll check them out.
75 Eldorado Convertible
94 Deville Concurs
2019 Lincoln Continental
2016 Cadillac XTS