News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Seat Springs

Started by Gary Bakeslee, May 21, 2017, 05:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Bakeslee

Members I need HELP,  I am restoring a 1947 Cadillac convertible.  When I purchased the car the rear seat (both seat and back) were missing.  I have located a company that would fabricate seat spring frame.  They need some sort of pattern or drawing with the measurements.  Does anyone have information that would help?

Thanks,  Gary B.
Gary Blakeslee

Bill Ingler #7799

Gary: That is a hard one. I have looked through all my books and zip when it comes to a sketch or dimensions. This is along shot but you might call LeBaron Boney as they say they have restoration kits for 37-48 Cadillacs. So if they can supply seat upholstery then they must have dimensions to go by in making up the seat kit.  Good luck    Bill

https://www.lebaronbonney.com/cart/comp_kits.php

Brad Ipsen CLC #737

If you were doing a 41 or 40 I would be willing to do this but you need to find an owner of a 47 convertible that would be willing to take the back seat out.  That is easy with the bottom as it just lifts out and the top is usually two screws that were covered up by the bottom cushion.  If someone is in the process of restoration it is probably already out.  Tip the cushions upside down and take pictures and dimension.  They are typically uncovered on the back side so from there you can get the dimensions of the frames.  The frames are top and bottom.  The bottom would be easy but the top usually has a slightly different shape from the bottom and could be covered with padding.  Usually it is a little bigger on the sides.  Then you need to get the depth from the bottom frame to the top frame.  This will vary.  Deeper on the front side than the back side.  The back cushion should be easier than the bottom.  Attached is a picture of a 40.  It should be typical in concept but the dimensions would not be the same. 
Brad Ipsen
1940 Cadillac 60S
1938 Cadillac 9039
1940 Cadillac 6267
1940 LaSalle 5227
1949 Cadillac 6237X
1940 Cadillac 60S Limo

don berg

I also could help[ if it was the good year of 1941 but you have the odd Cadillac .Don Berg