News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

75 Eldo Intake Air Hose?

Started by Jeff Wilk, May 22, 2017, 12:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Wilk

Anybody out there with the correct plastic "snorkle" and air hose that mounts next to the radiator and then attaches to the large air cleaner assembly?  Mine never had the hose since I've owned it and now I notice that the plastic snorkle piece has been cut into as well. Need both. Here are two pix.
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

boseephuss

I have wondered a bit about this myself, so interested in hearing any answers.  I also need to investigate plugging the "stove pipe" as that hose is long gone as well.
J. Sims
CLC Member #48960216

TJ Hopland

I remember that hose being kinda like dryer vent hose.   It has a steel wire coiled core and then a black sort of cloth covering.   My 75 was just a coil with a few bits of cloth left when I got it.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Jeff
Something seems amiss. My 75 is a bit straighter shot from the inlet through the attenuators to the air cleaners inlet. If no else has a picture I will be back home Friday and post a shot. If my memory serves me the inlet to the air cleaner on mine is on an angle such that when connected tha attenuator rides on the inner fender. Trying to choke th airflow by following the angle in your picture would not be good.
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Jeff
Something seems amiss. My 75 is a bit straighter shot from the inlet through the attenuators to the air cleaners inlet. If no else has a picture I will be back home Friday and post a shot. If my memory serves me the inlet to the air cleaner on mine is on an angle such that when connected tha attenuator rides on the inner fender. Trying to choke th airflow by following the angle in your picture would not be good.
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

Jeff Wilk

Greg, I am not sure but my thoughts are that something changed in the design in early 1975 as that extra large "stove pipe" silencer attached to the air cleaner seems to have disappeared from many of the car show photos for 1976 and just a straight run hose is in place. Here is a pic if that silencer and what I found on ebay last night as the correct snorkle piece. Ive also attached a few photos of the correct set up for SOME 1975's.  Anybody out there know for sure how this goes and why they used that huge silencer on an air cleaner???

Southern New Jersey

SOLD
1958 Cadillac Sedan

Caddyholic

I may have the hose. I will check this weekend.
I got myself a Cadillac but I can't afford the gasoline (AC/DC Down Payment Blues)

1961 Series 62 Convertible Coupe http://bit.ly/1RCYsVZ
1962 Coupe Deville

Jeff Wilk

Thanks Jim. Much appreciated!!!!

Jeff

Southern New Jersey

SOLD
1958 Cadillac Sedan

Tpicks55

Mine came with the hose.  I'll retrieve it today and post a pic.  From a 75 eldo convertible.  Tony
75 Eldorado Convertible
94 Deville Concurs
2019 Lincoln Continental
2016 Cadillac XTS

EAM 17806

I was under the assumption that the stove pipe connected to the air cleaner assembly was standard for all 75 caddys from the factory; upon viewing  the 75s at all the shows they all had the stove pipe. In 1976 they eliminated it and all had the straight tunnel vent hose.  I suppose anyone with a 75 can just remove the stove pipe and install the straight tunnel vent hose since this may have been an improvement in air flow for our big 500s; but of course, if you are showing your car you would  want to keep it factory original.  EAM
Ev Marabian

1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 1990 Pontiac Bonneville and 1996 Buick Skylark

Tpicks55

My air intake with hose attached.
75 Eldorado Convertible
94 Deville Concurs
2019 Lincoln Continental
2016 Cadillac XTS