News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1978 Seville hub cap question

Started by joeinbcs, May 22, 2017, 04:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeinbcs

I've wanted a first gen Seville for a while.
Finally found a car that is virtually perfect, 21K miles, in the personal collection of a Cadillac dealer for the last 35 years.
Only problem is some rash on one of the wire-type wheel covers.
Can someone tell me if these are unique to the Seville, or were they the same caps used on other cars?
Thanks, Joe
Joe Northrop
9633 Whispering Ridge
College Station, TX  77845
joenorthrop@yahoo.com
979-324-6432

1967 Eldorado, Atlantis Blue Firemist (slick top), Blue leather.

D.Smith

Congrats Joe!     That's gorgeous!   A slick top too!

jagbuxx #12944

Very nice car!
The hub caps are the same as regular C body Cadillacs. The base cap and wire cap will have the wreath & crest the same as a Fleetwood.
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.

Rich S

Congratulations! A beautiful example (Ruidoso Brown with Saddle Leather Interior and even has Opera Lamps!) It's a very classy looking car! Glad it got to someone who will appreciate and preserve it! (I agree with the other hubcap question replies.)
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

Gene Beaird

Quickest ID is the locks. Do they use a Coke machine-like key? 

Agreed with the others. VERY nice ride. I love the lack of the vinyl top. Wish ours was like that. More info, please!! 
Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

joeinbcs

The car was sold new by Brown Brothers Cadillac in Louisville.  When it was traded in Mr. Brown, Senior, decided to keep it along with a bunch of other cars...some Cadillac's, but many others too.  These cars were maintained, but kept in a second showroom above the one that displays new cars.  The car hasn't seen sunlight, let alone rain for 35 years.  No paint work, still has the original plastic bits in perfect shape, Ruidoso Saddle Metallic paint shines like new, with none of the usual oxidation.  Medium Saddle Leather is in like new condition...soft and supple, and virtually no wear.  The undercarriage is similarly pristine, with not even typical surface rust.  Car has most options, but not computer or moonroof.  Really only think I need to attend to is the one hubcap with some curb rash.
The dealer put in an NOS antenna and got the trunk pull down working, also he put in a master cylinder and wiper switch.  Other than that and a new battery, completely original. It presents as a new car.
Joe Northrop
9633 Whispering Ridge
College Station, TX  77845
joenorthrop@yahoo.com
979-324-6432

1967 Eldorado, Atlantis Blue Firemist (slick top), Blue leather.