News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Cleaning leather upholstery in 79Eldorado

Started by kevinanderson, May 27, 2017, 11:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinanderson

The white leather in my 79 Eldorado is getting dingy. Any suggestions for brightening it back? Thanks
Kevin

35-709

Leatherique, considered the best by the Rolls Royce Owners Club.  Call them about your particular situation.
http://www.leatherique.com/?gclid=CLjg4bHRkNQCFYVbfgodSsYCpQ
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

TC

Leatherique Pristine Clean is good stuff. PH balanced and not aggressive. Mothers Foaming Wash is also excellent and specifically for leather. A little stronger too if you need that. Technique is just as important as the cleaning product. For cleaning leather I've found by using a small soft round brush and working up A lather with circular motions provides best results. Work in small sections. For your Eldo I would divide the seat bottom and back into 4 equal sections each. That's eight areas you will clean for one seat Not counting the sides or backs. Small areas give more uniform
Results which harder to achieve with the lighter colored leathers. If you can't find a round brush a paint brush cut short /down to give it some stiffness but still soft with some give works well.