News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1957 Eldorado Seville Firewall Crayon Marking

Started by Seville1957, May 28, 2017, 02:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seville1957

Hey guys,

I noticed this marking on the firewall, is this something that was done at the factory? If so why?

Walter Youshock

Is it the last 3 digits of your body or engine number?  Obviously you have a non air car but I don't ever recall seeing a number written on the cowl blister before.

Check all your body, engine and, if possible, key numbers.  A key number is always 4 digits but, if this is factory, it should correspond to something.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Seville1957

m-mman

Sometimes a 'rotation number' sometimes appears on unfinished cars.

Serial numbers are assigned in sequence as the orders are processed at the factory.
However on the assembly line cars ARE NOT built in serial number order. (except by chance)

A rotation number is the number of the order of assembly for cars on the line that day. This shortened number can help match a 'job' (unfinished car) with its paperwork. Paperwork that tells the workers what parts to install.
1929 341B Town Sedan
1971 Miller-Meteor Lifeliner ambulance
Other non-Cadillac cars
Near Los Angeles, California

CLC #29634

wrench

The penmanship has a flair for the dramatic
1951 Series 62 Sedan
1969 Eldorado
1970 Eldorado (Triple Black w/power roof)
1958 Apache 3/4 ton 4x4
2005 F250
2014 FLHP
2014 SRX

Jon S

There are chalk marks on my 1958 Sedan de Ville, but none on the firewall.
Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT