News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Timing - 57 series 62

Started by mcain, May 29, 2017, 09:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcain

I have a 57 Series 62 and having challenges setting the timing.  I have a 1957 shop manual that shows the timing pointer on the passenger side of the engine.  Mine is in the driver side?  Also, I have put the #1 cylinder in the firing position, and the timing mark is perfect aligned with the A on the balancer and I have made sure the rotor is on the #1 plug.. but when I do that the #1 position on the cap is facing the front of the car.. I have read a few posts in this forum where it was stated that the #1 position on the cap should be facing the rear of the car?  Any help is greatly appreciated!

thanks
Matt

Walter Youshock

The photo in the manual is recycled from 1956.  The 1957 timing mark is on the driver's side.

As for the rotor--it should point to the firewall in #1 FIRING position.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

mcain