News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1957 Hearse on the road FINALY

Started by 60eldo, May 30, 2017, 08:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

60eldo

Well brakes came back over the winter on their own??? Maybe its haunted 666,,,Thanks for everyones help, if any of you ever come upon any parts cars for me please email me. Cause I cant find anything.
Jon. Klu

Jay Friedman

Nice hearse.  Will it be used in funerals?
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

60eldo

Maybe ,,,I would definatley want to go out in a classic like this,,check out u-tube the movie La bamba funeral sene, same car
Jon. Klu

59-in-pieces

We were placing flowers at the Forest Lawn Cemetery - Hollywood Hills, CA. - and we saw this 59 Cadillac hearse.
I asked about it and found that the Forest Lawn organization had purchased about 6 classic hearses for their fleet.
My wife agreed she would line it up for me when it is my time.
Cadillacs to the end.
Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Walter Youshock

When my parents were in LA in 1960, a relative was buried at Rose Hills.  They had a fleet of rose professional cars.  I see they've since gone "corporate" so those days are over...

Congrats on getting your '57 on the road.  That's quite a funeral home where the photos were taken...
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Well, at least if it vapor locks you can be assured you will have 6 pallbearers to help push.

Sorry, I know that was in bad taste.
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

59-in-pieces

Jeff,
At my size, it will take 8 and 59's don't vapor lock - LOL.
Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

David Greenburg

Steve- My '59 certainly did vapor lock.  Although it was a non a/c  car.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special