News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Correct trico wipers for 56 Cadillac?

Started by gatech1956, May 30, 2017, 08:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatech1956

Hi, all.

I am trying to find a pair of nos trico wipers and I am not sure what size to be looking for. Should the box say RB-12 or PR-12-2?

Thanks.

EDIT: I looked on Caddy Daddy and they have the SKU as PR-12-2 for 55 and 56...So I'm assuming that is what the trico box should say.

J. Gomez

Quote from: gatech1956 on May 30, 2017, 08:38:15 PM
Hi, all.

I am trying to find a pair of nos trico wipers and I am not sure what size to be looking for. Should the box say RB-12 or PR-12-2?

Thanks.

EDIT: I looked on Caddy Daddy and they have the SKU as PR-12-2 for 55 and 56...So I'm assuming that is what the trico box should say.

The wiper blades are 12” per the Service Manual, not sure what is the differences between the original RB and PR.  ???

Trico do have the classic wiper blades part # 33-122 which may be special order at your local auto parts. You can check the Trico site http://www.tricoproducts.com/Drivers/FindYourWiperSize

Good luck…!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

gatech1956

Quote from: J. Gomez on May 31, 2017, 10:06:33 AM
The wiper blades are 12” per the Service Manual, not sure what is the differences between the original RB and PR.  ???

Trico do have the classic wiper blades part # 33-122 which may be special order at your local auto parts. You can check the Trico site http://www.tricoproducts.com/Drivers/FindYourWiperSize

Good luck…!

So after some more googling and a look on Trico's wikipedia page. Apparently in '56 trico released a new type of blade denoted with PR made for panoramic windshields. It was advertised on the box. If it didn't have PR it would probably have said "For flat or curved windshields" on the box

J. Gomez

Quote from: gatech1956 on May 31, 2017, 02:19:07 PM
So after some more googling and a look on Trico's wikipedia page. Apparently in '56 trico released a new type of blade denoted with PR made for panoramic windshields. It was advertised on the box. If it didn't have PR it would probably have said "For flat or curved windshields" on the box

:o    Interesting note, so the RB type was advertise for flat or curved windshields while the PR was advertise for panoramic windshields. 

Learned something new..!   8)
J. Gomez
CLC #23082