News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Unsolicited e-mail Message Received – Just Information for CLC Members

Started by jdemerson, June 01, 2017, 06:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdemerson

I received this e-mail message on May 15.

From: Gary Benefield <garybennyfieldemail addresses not permitted>
Date: Monday, May 15, 2017 at 7:04 AM
To: John Emerson <xxxx@xxxx.xxx>
Subject: WTB: 1941 Cadillac Service Brochure

Hello Buddy

I am emailing in respect to your advert. Let me know if you are still interested in purchasing a 1941 Cadillac Service Brochure, Email and I'll get back to you.

Thanks
Gary Benefield
254 Fremont St,
Minden, NV 89423

Shortly after I received a second message from him.

From: Gary Benefield <garybennyfieldemail addresses not permitted>
Date: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 8:17 AM
To: John Emerson
Subject: Re: WTB: 1941 Cadillac Service Brochure

Hey Emerson!!! I'm yet to hear from you? Please llet me know if you are still interested. thanks

I responded by asking for his CLC membership ID and a photo of the item.  He did not respond to that message.

With Justin S (Bosesphuss)'s related posting on May 30, I decided to share this information with CLC members. As always, please be cautious about unsolicited e-mails and exercise due diligence when responding.

John Emerson
1952 Cadillac 6219X

Original posting modified by me on June 4, 2017 at the suggestion of a Moderator, to conform to policies of the CLC Message Board.
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

boseephuss

Seems that this is repeat behavior.  After successfully scamming me, he is preying on the trust of this forum and community.  So glad to see my post helped.
J. Sims
CLC Member #48960216

boseephuss

For what it is worth, the address he listed does not seem to even exist, or at least it didn't on Google maps.  Unfortunately Gmail cropped out the signature, so I didn't see it until I went through my messages with a fine tooth comb.
J. Sims
CLC Member #48960216

jdemerson

John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

cwbbear

For anyone taken,  Not sure if you want to but I did some "googling" and there is a person by the same name in Minden NV selling on trucker to trucker dot com and has a phone number.  if him if any good I don't know but knowing he took someone IF that would help the police check it out

boseephuss

Quote from: cwbbear on June 04, 2017, 01:56:27 PM
For anyone taken,  Not sure if you want to but I did some "googling" and there is a person by the same name in Minden NV selling on trucker to trucker dot com and has a phone number.  if him if any good I don't know but knowing he took someone IF that would help the police check it out

I contacted this person via Facebook, and he said "there must be two of us here because it wasn't me."  I reported it through the FBI cyber crimes online submission form and reported the fraud to my bank.
J. Sims
CLC Member #48960216