News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

AO Smith stencil size for 1959 cars

Started by kkarrer, June 08, 2017, 10:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkarrer

Hello,
     I know that the stencil size and information on the 59 frames differs from the mid 50's cars, but I'm trying to figure out what size stencil was used.  I thought from initial estimates from photographs that the size is 3/4", but they may well be 1/2".  If anyone can measure them directly and get back with me I'd appreciate it. I know that they're upside down and contain 3 lines which was one more line of info than in previous years.
Thanks,
Ken Karrer
CenTex CLC Reg. Dir.
kenneth.karreremail addresses not permitted
512-626-7268

gouldsom

Grant Owens in New Zealand makes a repo stencil. He can custom make it to suit your exact car if you provide him with the information or a photo.
They are perfect, I already have one for my car

kkarrer

Wow that's great to know!  I finally figured out that they are 3/4 "  and I got some of the old style brass/clip together type stencils and got 'er done.
Thanks!
Ken Karrer