News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1993 Allante radio

Started by Cadman53, June 09, 2017, 12:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadman53

Radio works and has power so it is not a fuse.  Cassette player and CD both work and sound fine so I don't think it is the audio box in trunk.  All I get is static on radio but the station tuning and scan work.  It just won't pick up any stations.  Could the antenna internally be bad and if so , what can I do to bypass the current antenna?

James Landi

As you know, the trunk mounted antenna unit is easily reachable in the trunk--- you might wish to consider the possibility that there is no continuity between the antenna "staff" and the input cable to your radio.  I am unsure about how the input cable attaches to the power antenna, however, if it's simply an easy off plug and socket arrangement, than testing the antenna for electrical continuity would be a simple matter of using a multi-meter to check between the antenna cable connector on the power antenna and the antenna staff.  No continuity, then no signal  is going into your radio, so, in that case, the antenna is the problem.

Hope this helps,  James