News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Adding temp gauge. 73 eldo

Started by kkkaiser, June 16, 2017, 03:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkkaiser

This goes back to questions i had a whole ba ck.  I got an engine temp gauge.  Attched photo is of the factory vaccum switch location.  I think?  In prior conversation, this was one of the points where one could be added.  Right under the distributor.  Referring back to a photo some one posted of this point, the original one under the compressor.    Wpuld i screw out the 3 prong looking thing, or, the entire piece,  brass insert and three prong piece, re insert the mechainical probe with its fittings?

35-709

Screw out the entire piece.  Don't try to turn it out by gripping "the three prong piece".  Use a proper wrench on it.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

kkkaiser

thanks,, i need a bigger wrench!  3/4 wont fit,, not sure my assortment of brass inserts will fit either,, anyway,, thanks,,,

bcroe

When I bought a front driver, I immediately went out and bought a bigger set of wrenches. 

This 1.5" style gauge works for me, easy to fit in and the 270 deg scale still makes it
easy to read.  The gas bulb works even after shutdown.  They seem to come as part
of a set; I don't use them all.  Bruce Roe

kkkaiser

i got the bosch one as well,, i hope it fits that upper outlet