News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Forum meet-up at GN?

Started by David Greenburg, June 27, 2017, 02:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Greenburg

Is anyone interested in trying to have a meet-up of forum folks at the GN?  A chance to put faces to names and handles.  Hopefully it works out better than last year, where due to some communications confusion and the plethora of bars in the Vegas hotel, people wound up in at least 3 different locations.  But it was still fun.  Especially after Carl Fielding showed up.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

savemy67

Hello David,

Count me in.

Christopher Winter
Christopher Winter
1967 Sedan DeVille hardtop

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

How about meeting at my AC Seminar Friday PM? Or, any other time that would be great.
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

Steve Passmore

Boy, that's another one I wish I could be at.
Steve

Present
1937 60 convertible coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan
1938 60 coupe
1938 50 coupe
1939 60S
1940 62 coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe x2
1941 61 coupe
1941 61 sedan x2
1941 62 sedan x2
1947 62 sedan
1959 62 coupe

Jay Friedman

I'd like to attend.  Why don't you ask the GN organizers--either now or right after you arrive there--if they could assign you a meeting room in the host hotel at a certain time.  If they do you could then post a notice on the bulletin board that is usually near the registration desk at most GNs I've been too.  If you do it before the GN begins you could also post it here. 

Years ago I'd do the above to organize meeting of '49 owners at GNs and it usually worked out OK. 
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

David Greenburg

I'm just gauging if there's interest at this point, although I was thinking of something more casual, like in a bar, rather than a meeting room. I'd be game for doing it after Greg's seminar unless we would lose too many people to the daytime activities.  I'll be skipping those, as I lived there for many years and don't need to see all the monuments again.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

My seminar is scheduled for Friday at 1:00 PM.  They typically have 2 or possibly 3 rooms set aside for the seminars.
Regarding the "get together" timing around events is always an issue.  The Modified group has only been able to meet 3 times out of the last 10 or 12 years because of conflicts.
I'm going to suggest possibly Thursday evening as a time since Friday and Saturday have. GN events in the evening
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

Jay Friedman

Alternatively, if Thursday doesn't work out because of people going to one of the organized dinners Thurs. evening, how about an hour or so between the end of the car show and judging Saturday at 4 pm and the beginning of the banquet at 6 pm?  A bar would be good as we could have some cooling down drinks after a day on the show field.  We usually used to schedule our '49 owners meetings for that time period.  Maybe 4:15-5:15 to leave some time to get ready for the banquet.
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

Caddyholic

Is carl bringing his 27 again? If he is he better be leaving the house about now.
I got myself a Cadillac but I can't afford the gasoline (AC/DC Down Payment Blues)

1961 Series 62 Convertible Coupe http://bit.ly/1RCYsVZ
1962 Coupe Deville

Carl Fielding

Oh , David ! Thank you so VERY much ! Even if a bit tongue in cheek (I'm certainly not everyone's cup of tea) , you have no idea how much that means to me at this very moment. As you remember, I promised to hook up with you on my return trip from 'Vegas G.N. where I had the pleasure of meeting you at the get together. There have been a number of obstacles to the return journey , including health. If I can delay the other dragons from scalding me with their firefly breath long enough , I will come about , and , as per our banter , teach you to drive the old thing on the beautiful roads you know so well in your area. If obstacles to finishing the adventure finally are reduced merely to health , I would quite literally rather die attempting , than to grieve over never having tried. On the other hand my doctors tell me I may have yet one more G.N. in my future ! And that is after I told them I couldn't make D.C. , or San Anton' !    I am smiling again at the moment ! Picturing you guys enjoying each other's company as I was privileged to sit in on last year , has given me happiness !

THANKS AGAIN , DAVID ! TO YOUR HEALTH GUYS AND GALS ! O.K. , off to slay a dragon...... - Carl

P.S. :  Hey "XLR Jimmy" ! Speaking of beers : I still owe you owe you one from the last time I assumed such unwarranted familiarity. Hmmmm , "XLR Jimmy" ! I like that ! I hope you do too ! If so , I will be greatly pleased if it sticks. Nicknames should be earned , and bestowed by others.   - Lord Fielding

Caddyholic

I got myself a Cadillac but I can't afford the gasoline (AC/DC Down Payment Blues)

1961 Series 62 Convertible Coupe http://bit.ly/1RCYsVZ
1962 Coupe Deville

Scot Minesinger

count me in.  I made a you tube video on how to drive on the DC beltway and will post info soon, it same one as on VF, and I will be around a lot.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Carl Fielding

Quote from: Caddyholic on June 28, 2017, 04:59:44 PM
I don't have an XLR. yet

No , Jim. The "XLR Jimmy" handle has been awarded to the recent graduation to XLR ownership status of James Landi. If you note our respective posting times , you will see mine follows yours by just 7 minutes. It took considerably longer than that to massage my posting into coherent legible form. So I saw yours after posting mine. There is a bizarre irony to the mixup here. It has to do with confusion on my part , resulting in wonderful stimulating humorous , at times off topic absurdity, which in the end earned me the new nickname "Lord Fielding" , graciously presented by XLR Jimmy. I have at last become able to return James' kind flattery. This was , IIRC , 6 or 8 months after you and I met in 'Vegas. If you go back and start at the beginning of that long series of "witticisms" , I believe in very short order you will realize that in an almost riotous funny way , we have now come full circle ! I don't know how to get you back to the fun times we had with that interchange , but I do remember it took place on two different topics here. I would suggest certain unique, never before seen key words and names could be entered into the search box. Try "Bunk Johnson" , or "formal debate" , or " Joshua" , or "Rafael Mendez" if you are curious, and missed the mischief first time around. If those keys unlock a plethora of irrelevant flack , perhaps "Hot Lips Paige" ? or "Ephraim" ? Been a while , and 6 or 8 months will ravage the memory of such antiques as myself. I better try to sleep now. No dragons were slain today , but several more have come at me.  - Carl

David Greenburg

Carl- Nothing "tongue-in-cheek" in my OP. That gathering was one of the highlights of what was otherwise a pretty nightmarish GN for me, as my car arrived on a flatbed and spent the GN and some time after that in a couple of shops, followed by an expensive truck ride home. One of the things that makes a group like this so great is our diverse range of outlooks and experiences, and you've got more than most!  I would certainly love to check out the '27 and introduce it to my metal mistresses.  Have you gone north yet?  I'm in Marin County, practically walking distance from US 101, so a very easy detour if you are passing through.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville