News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Fluids replacement on 78 Eldorado

Started by Tallclover, July 03, 2017, 07:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tallclover

My 78 ELDORADO has 20,000 miles.  I bought from estate 9 years ago and have put on about 2,000 miles.  Have done regular oil changes, but none of the other fluids have been changed in last 10 years.  What kind of a schedule should I set up?

35-709

I would be draining and flushing the entire brake system and before refilling/bleeding I would examine each wheel brake cylinder and be prepared to overhaul/replace each one.  Next would be transmission flush and refill. 

Not a fluid but time, as well as miles, is hard on the plastic coated cam gear that the timing chain rides on --- be prepared to change out that gear and the timing chain one day in the not too distant future.   
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2