News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

'75 Eldo advice

Started by David Greenburg, July 07, 2017, 07:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Greenburg

An old friend who has had an older Brand F convertible, but not Cads is contemplating a '75 Eldo convertible, and has zeroed in on one in Hemmings. Other than what I've picked up around here from osmosis, I have no particular expertise with these cars. Based on what I do know, I've warned him to pay close attention to the bumper fillers, the top mechanism and the climate control, since these can be expensive trouble spots, and also suggested that he try and determine whether the cam sprocket has been replaced.  Do any of you experts out there have any other suggestions for things to check one one of these cars?
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

V63

CV drive axle boots are a common issue you might want to know they are good. If the boots fail, lubricant is thrown out and abrasives are introduced.

John Madan

The top obviously is an expensive thing. The climate control is no big deal. It is electo mechanical if you get the proprietary GM shop manual it is easy to diagnose. The bumper fillers are always a problem but are readily available for less than $500 for the entire set
2 almost perfect 1984 Seville s 1 is rare touring edition with every available option 1980 Classic Seville diesel that is being restored 1981 and 1982 Seville Roadster 1982 is beyond perfect 1985 base Seville 1978 Eldorado beyond perfect. I have done almost every procedure in the GM shop manual on the Seville if anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me